girls camp

Today was a fun day for Eliza. Some of the yw in the ward do a mini-girls camp for the little girls.


Today they had the carnival session and fashion session. They did face painting, games, nails, she made a cute bracelet, a fashion show, learned a dance (this is their big performance) and I'm not sure what else.  She was gone all day!  


Meanwhile, we did our normal thing.  The kids thought it was pretty funny I put Jane in the sink for a wash :-)

After lunch, Kaleb and I looked at each other and decided we needed to go do something fun.  He earned tons of free ice-cream coupons from his teacher, so we cashed in on that first. 


Then he wanted to look for new cages for his creatures.  We found a pretty cool one at Goodwill for $1.50.  He kept telling me, "I forgot my money, but can I loan you some when we get home?"  :-)  

I also got him new church clothes and I don't think we've ever been a changing room together before.  

"I have to try it on?" 

"Yes, please."  

"But, why?!

"Because I said!" 

"Okay, but just the shirt."

"No, the pants too."  

"But Mom!"

Pure torture.  I wanted to do more shopping, but knew I better quit before he forgot about the fun time we were having.

Other highlights:

At FHE we were trying to get the kids to guess the word "fasting."  I said, "you know, what's it called when you don't eat all day and night?" Kaleb quickly said, "Death."  

4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

oh no, I'm going to have to stop reading because of the freakin homesickness factor!

mom smith said...

How fun for Eliza! So Cute!
Kaleb is alllll boy!
Jane in the sink now. That's where Kaleb spent his first 2 years :)

Alisha said...

The camp looks so fun! You are a great photographer, I love the pict of Jane in the sink, its a good shot :) I love the conversation in the dressing room. How was Jane with all these outings??

Amber said...

LOL! You have such an awesome family. I love that sweet boy of yours, he makes me laugh.