I feel like I've gotten behind in blogging! The more I get behind, the less I want to do it. (kinda the way I feel about cleaning sometimes :) I just need to make myself sit down and catch-up I guess. Last weekend we made the long drive to Hamilton, MT for my grandma's funeral. We were very blessed in that the roads were perfect! (Kaleb wasn't so much, but it was 9 hours I guess)
It was wonderful to see so much family and share with eachother our love for grandma.
We did lots of music for the funeral and I think she would've liked that. I sat up on the stand during the whole thing (a blubbery mess) and it was crazy to look down on all her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids and how much she's influenced all of us! Her example makes me want to be better.
We did lots of music for the funeral and I think she would've liked that. I sat up on the stand during the whole thing (a blubbery mess) and it was crazy to look down on all her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids and how much she's influenced all of us! Her example makes me want to be better.
Monday we celebrated Alisha's b-day and played games. We were gonna try and do an early Thanksgiving dinner, but there was so much funeral food left over, we couldn't justify it.
Mom made 4 pumpkin pies instead--
It was weird driving away without Grandma's kisses and her waving. I know I've said this already, but I will really miss her! Thank goodness for our Savior and his sacrifice that we will be resurrected and I can see her again!
10 comments:
nicely done sissy. i'm glad you got on the ball because i haven't yet. i like your new background. cute picts! did you get any of baby and nanna?i didn't!
My thought and prayers are with you and your family. I', glad the roads were safe for your travel.
Happy Holidays, and I hope to see you soon.
So sweet. Kaleb is a cutie, I am sorry the drive wasn't so pleasant. Nine hours is a long drive for sure. Wish we could have visited more, you only have a little over a month left!!!
sounds like a great trip i was starting to wonder if you woud ever update us that last picture of kaleb looks just like braydan!!!
We thought maybe you were in the hospital with your new baby or something. It has been FOREVER. Kaleb is such a cute little boy. We miss you guys!
You posted wonderful pictures. I do not like long drives.
I just looked at your baby count down only 4 weeks and 5 days left!?! Wow, it has gone by so fast!!! I can't wait to meet little Eliza and then soon after have my little bundle!!!
I am glad you had a good time with your family. The funeral sounds like it turned out perfectly. I am sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing woman!
sad :( cute pictures though
Background is from the same place as yours. By the way I think the picture of Kaleb and your dad will be a classic for years to come.
I like your write up. Thanks for making the drive so we could spend some time with you. thanks for all you did for the funeral, playing piano and organ. I'm so proud of our talented daughter. It is amazing to think of mom's family and how much they all adore her and respect her. What a blessing to have her as my mother. She's an example to us all.
Kaleb is so cute, I miss him!
Post a Comment