2. Going on the potty. I need to clarify first, I'm not potty-training. Just pre-potty training I guess :) For a month or more now I've been sticking Kaleb on the potty every time he wakes up and before naps and bedtime. The very first time he cried, but I just held him there and told him to push and eventually out came a little poop! He was hooked after that. Everytime something comes out, he jumps off and has to look at his hard work : ) Sorry for the gory details. This past week he actually started telling us " I poop." Which means I have to go! I don't know if it will actually help when I really potty train, but I figure it's worth a try. And, it's nice not having as many poopy diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Talking. Lately Kaleb's been a little parrot. It seems he'll attempt any word he hears, even bad ones : ( For example, he heard me say "OH MY GOSH!" once and has been saying it around the house. Whoops. I've been keeping a list of words he can say on the fridge, but I'll spare you. His favorite phrases are "I want to watch fish" (Nemo) And my personal favorite, "I DON'T WANT TO!" Lovely.
8 comments:
What lucky parents! Dp you want to trade?
So I decided to follow your exampe and attempt at putting Thomas on the toliet, and he just laughs at me, and won't do anything. I did it for two days and decided it wasn't worth the work of taking the diaper on and undoing the onesie. But I am jealous it works for you> I bet potty training will go very smoothly after this pre training. And the big boy bed story is awesome. I hope it keeps going well for you!
He is such a big boy! He is definitly ready for a sister!!!
Hey jessy thats a cute blog. But you know what would make it even cuter, my frame with his pictures in it! Just kidding, but seriously whens it going to be up :). Love you little brother.
He i such a smart boy!
Way to go on the potty structure. :)
I am impressed. I've never tried the early "poop practice", but when I toilet trained Preston it was summer....so he just went outside when he had the urge. He love " watering the trees"!! :)
oh what a big boy with all those accomplishments. I witnessed all those things and think he is the smartest 23 month old alive. Good job teaching him!
wow, I am impressed! I remember when Victoria said "holy crap!" for the first time. Wooooops! Love the tree!
how did I miss this post??? What a good boy he is so big getting ready for his little sister! good job teaching how to push! Remi tells josh to "shup" all the time (shut up) ooops!!! my bad!!!
Post a Comment