The other day my friend told me I was definitely nesting. I know you all have heard of it, the curious phenomenon where an already crazy pregnant lady takes on animal-like habits and acts even more crazy in the weeks leading up to delivery. I don't remember suffering from it with Kaleb, but this time I admit that I've been acting a little weird. I don’t know if it’s the stress of Christmas time or because I know (this being my second) what to expect after baby, but I’ve been going turbo speed to get everything done! And doing things that don’t even need to get done! Like yesterday I took down all the blinds and washed them in the sink. After Braydan put Kaleb to bed last night, he came back down and found me hands and knees scrubbing the floor behind the fridge. “Aren’t you tired?” he asked. Of course I was, but seriously, I’d rather do it now then later when all want to do is sleep! In my frenzy to get things done, I finished sewing baby’s crib skirt, sewing the living room curtains and pillows. I’m done with all my Christmas shopping, (phew!) and wrapping. I’ve been having contractions off and on, so maybe that’s what spurned me on. Today the doctor said I'm 75% effaced and dialted to a 1. Not too exciting yet. Anywho, that’s what I’ve been up to. As I’m typing, I’m thinking of this desk I have to dust! AGHHHH!!!! It never ends.OH, and Kaleb has been getting ready too. He took home the ugliest baby from my Grandma Blodgett's house, one with no hair and it's naked, but he takes care of it, or her as I like to call it. He tells me when she has to go poop and takes her potty, puts on a diaper (sort of), wraps her up, rocks her, feeds her at his highchair, gives her baths, and even puts her to bed. It has Braydan a little worried, but I think it's good. Then he can take care of his baby while I take care of mine!
12 comments:
Oh no take that thing away from him! Chase had a couple dolls for awhile but I finaly got rid of them!
Thats funny. I do not go through nesting. I am way to tired. Dolls are wonderful I am glad you let him keep the ugly baby.
Man, I need to see pictures of all your sewing skills. I am getting so excited for you. THat is sweet Kaleb is so cute with the doll. Thomas doesn't give Grace, a doll or anything the love, just tries playing cars with them.
Boy, I haven't read your blog for a while. Kaleb is looking so big. Thanks for keeping up with the picture and stories. Miss you tons, Time is getting close and no you are not big. Good Luck, Marla
oh my jessica you have to REST!!!! I have NEVER cleaned behind the fridge!!!! you are way further then I ever have been!!!! I love the baby it is way good that he learns how to be nice and to help take care of his baby!! Remi acts just like it and it got more and more after the baby but I think it is WAY cute even if he is a boy! Cute Cute!!!
Washing blinds? Never heard of it!! Exciting times are a-comin'!
haha I went through a huge nesting phase with chase too, yes I remember pulling out the fridge to clean behind and dusting everything including the blinds, and washing and then rewashing his bedding and clothes before he was even here! there could not be one spec on dirt on the floor anywhere or dust on anything! totally normal to go through nesting.
oh and I forgot to add, Chase has to carry around his puppy ruffy all the time and he does all those things too, and he doesn't even have a little sis or bro on the way, haha. He tells me ruffy is crying at home if we forget to bring him with us anywhere.
You slow down girl! You are going to go into labor with all that work. That is so cute how Kaleb takes care of his baby. He will be a great big brother.
so cute. thanks for the nesting information. thats funny your doing that. And that is so good that Kaleb is taking care of his babies needs:) Good job mommy.
You crack me up! I still can't believe you were up that late cleaning behind your fridge. YOU of all people up that late. Shocking! =)
Post a Comment