Stevens Pass


Well, I finally put my new skis to use! On Saturday we went up to Stevens for a long date (thank you Dyers for babysitting!) I was a little rusty at first, but Braydan didn't really let me warm up on anything easy :) We had lots of fun talking on the lifts and racing down......well.....not exactly racing. Braydan would go through all the trees he could to give me time. He tried to get me on seventh heaven, but I said no thank you! My boots hurt so bad that I finally skied without socks to see if they fit better. I think they're a size too small or something, but I don't remember boots hurting that bad. Anybody know? (Molly?) I got compliments on my skis however. I don't even notice other people's skis, but apparently mine are nice. Too bad I'm not very good. Here's a video to prove it :)
I'm sore today, and surprisingly sunburned! Who would've thought for Seattle! OH, and I just have to say the snow is so different than Montana and Colorado. It's harder to carve because it's more dense or something. Or.........because I'm just out of shape. Anyway, it was a fun day with Braydan. Hopefully I can go more than every 3-4 years now :)

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah! What a fun date! I love skiing, but am not that great. We haven't gone since we got engaged :-( Maybe one of these days. It is definitely a WORKOUT though.

Travis said...

Good job Jessica, I've been skiing with Braydan before so I know exactly what you are talking about.

symony said...

looks like lots of fun defintally a workout soon you will have to teach kaleb!

mom said...

I'm so glad you two went together and had fun. You ready for Aspen? shall I ask Jan? I'll babysit

alisha said...

fun! i'm glad you went! you have nice friends btw :)

Jackie Jones said...

How fun! I haven't been skiing for sooo long! I bet I would be sore and bruised afterward. We are actually moving back to Billings. Spencer got a job offer there and it's a really good opportunity for us.

RaeAnn said...

CUTE PICTURE! That is the first place paul and i went skiing together. I forgot my coat and made quite an impression on his family :(. The snow is wetter and tougher but a little warmer weather too, right?

shandikimille said...

what a fun date! I told travis he is the Head of the date planning committee for valentines day. we will see how creative he is...

Elena said...

That's awesome you guys got to go on such a fun date! Those don't happen often enough!

Amber said...

It's not you, it's the snow. I am really happy you had a good time!