Arizona Part 2


Some random pictures first. We liked playing on the grass because it was dry!

The cousins together.
One day Marla and Craig set up the tent so the kids could have a fort to play in. Kaleb's face was beet red, so I stripped him to his swim suit. They thought I was crazy.

Grandma and Eliza
Marla was so nice and let Kaleb sleep in her room every night (in her big closet). She got up many times with him in the night to take him potty :)
One of my favorite things was going to a the swap meet in Mesa. It was humongous! I've never walked so much in a long time :) I got a new purse, hat, bedding, and other little things that would fit in my suitcase :) I really wanted a scarf and they had rows and rows of cool ones, but I didn't get one! Sad.

On New Year's Eve we went to the Mesa temple grounds.
It was the last night for the music performance and lights they do at the visitors center. I LOVED the lights. I can't believe all the work that must go into it. They even put lights up in the palm trees!

Kaleb talked about Jesus a lot after this, saying "Jesus has big owies."



They had life-size displays of the nativity all over.

One day Marla watched the kids so we could climb the "mountain" behind Helena's house. It didn't take very long, but I was scared the whole time of rattlesnakes.
Their dog Fido died from a bite only a few weeks ago, so I was fearful for good reason, though Braydan gave me a hard time for fastening bells to my waist to ward them off :) Here's our shadows on top. Very cheesy :)

Looking down on Queen Creek



My other favorite was playing games of course. I love games, especially with my in-laws. Hearts is our tradition, but we laughed a lot in Scattegories. Another favorite moment was watching Kaleb and Gavin chase these older girls at the park. They chased them around for almost an hour!

Well, we also celebrated Eliza's birthday there, but I'll have to blog about it later! This is too long again.

5 comments:

Jackie Jones said...

Busy busy! I like the scarf you had on. Too bad you didn't get one. I love those cloth-y scarves.

The Barrett's said...

I should have bought you a scarf. It was great fun. So glad you took lots of pictures. Thanks so much for coming. After that visit I'm sure you will never come when it is nice, like above 80. Miss you all!!

shandikimille said...

haha you crack me up about the jingle bells on your pants! cute family pictures by the way! marla did a great job! : )

mom said...

You guys did alot of fun things! I bet it was interesting for Jessica cuz we've never seen the desert before. Love all the pictures.

symony said...

my blog never shows that you post so I am always way behind on your posts! I can't believe you tied bells to your belt! ha ha ha love it! you should have gotten a scarf shame on you for thinking about it too much! ha ha ha cute pictures!