Date with my MAN


Or little man I should say. On Friday night, Kaleb and I went out on a much needed date. We went swimming at the YMCA and had a blast! Ever since Eliza was born, I think he's felt kinda ripped off. He used to have me all to himself, but now he has to share me with sister. Lately I've felt prompted to give him more one-on-one time. If I sit down and actually play with him for just a few minutes in the morning, it seems our day goes better. He's old enough now that he can do so many things on his own. He doesn't need me as much physically, but he still does emotionally.

Anyway, on the way to the pool, I asked him, "are you excited for our date?"

He gave me a confused look and said, "Date? Is there chocolate in it?"

I still don't think he knows what a date is, but we had fun anyhow. He loved me holding him in the water and soaked up every minute of attention. I think we'll do it more often.

7 comments:

Parker Family said...

You are so right. I do think kids always need their own special day no matter what age they are. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Nielsen6 said...

That is so great! Kirk tries to do that every once in a while with our kids to, it just makes them feel special and helps to develop a stronger bond!

RaeAnn said...

what a lucky boy (and mama!) have I ever told you how much I love your curls??? i do.

mom said...

what a good mamma. He says the cutest things!
Did Eliza go on a date with daddy then?

KyleandAmanda said...

That is a great idea! Sometimes I think that Kasen is naughty for attention. I think I might steal your idea! Kaleb is such a cute little boy!

symony said...

sounds fun!

lisha said...

oh you are so right about the 'starved for attention.' glad you had fun swimming! thats a first for you. :)