Prayer Rock

Last night I had to fill in for the Beehive class teacher and we painted prayer rocks. Since I had Kaleb with me, he wanted to do one too of course. He loved it!! I've never seen him concentrate so hard. So when it came time to leave, he wouldn't let anyone near his rock, thinking I was gonna get rid of it (smart boy). He held it close all the way home and through bedtime routine. While I was singing him one last song, he was holding it up in the air admiring it and accidentally dropped it on his face. Holy screaming! After he finally calmed down (and I tried not to laugh at the bump on his head), he was totally over his rock obsession. Hopefully his little prayers continue though. I love how he whispers the prayer cause we're whispering to him what to say. He doesn't really come up with anything on his own yet, except at the end when we say "in the name of Jesus Christ," he hurries and shouts, "A-MEN!" I've tried to work on quieting it down a little, but what can I say, he's got baptist roots.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man that is just bad timing when you get them all settle for bed and then wham, their buddy hits them on the head. poor guy. Fun that he liked doing that activity, it turned out pretty good.

symony said...

so fun love the rock it is beautiful! good thing soccer is over, that is tiring!!!

Travis said...

I could so see chase doing that with the rock. That's classic.

RaeAnn said...

i so don't have time to comment, but can't let a great statment like, "he's got Baptist roots" go by without a e-high five.

Alisha said...

thats cute . so weird that today as i was walking back and forth outside i kept looking at my old prayer rock sitting outside painted white, standing out from all the others. i just left it there. hes a cuttie

nanna said...

Smart boy is right, that is the first thing I thought of is his mom is going to throw out his special rock as soon as he looks away. I agree with RaeAnn, baptist roots made me smile in a questionable way.

Amber said...

Poor Kaleb!!! I have to admit I laughed though. he is so cute i can just picture him shouting AMEN! i love that little guy!