Low #2: I was really looking forward to Sunday church. I play piano for the choir so I knew the songs were special about the Savior and I knew the talks would be good too. Well, I had to be early to practice for choir and brought Kaleb with me. I left Braydan home with Eliza so she could sleep a little longer. She was all ready though and he was ready too. All he had to do was put her in the car seat. So church starts and no Braydan. I thought it was odd, but then sacrament was over and still no Braydan. I went out and called and no answer. I hadn't fed Eliza since 8 and now it was 11:30. So, the first speaker is talking and STILL NO BRAYDAN! Meanwhile, I'm totally missing out on the meeting cause I can't even concentrate. I started imagining horrible things like they got in a car wreck or something was wrong with Eliza and he had to go to the hospital or the car broke down (i know impossible to imagine with our Buick right?) Finally, one of my friend's husbands went to go look for him. Right as he left, Braydan shows up. First I'm relieved, then I'm ANGRY when I find out what happened. He accidentally fell asleep!!! Yeah, asleep!!! And he didn't even get up at 5:30 with baby!
(Eliza's Low Point )
High #1: So, even though Braydan scared me half to death, I still felt the spirit afterwards, especially in the last song we did, How Great the Wisdom and the Love. I felt a powerful witness that Christ lives and loves me.
High #2: Easter dinner. I always get bummed at holidays when other people get together with familes and we don't have any here. But the Dyers saved the day and hosted a wonderful dinner, inviting lots of other familyless people over to share it with. At one point the kids were really loud and running around so Amber had the older kids hide plastic eggs all over the house for the little kids to find. They stayed busy with that for 4 hours!!! I think if Braydan hid eggs around the house, I would be excited to find eggs too.
Overall, a good Easter. We didn't color eggs or hide candy around the house, but Kaleb doesn't realize we're lame parents yet.
8 comments:
Oh man, I was getting panicky as I was reading what may have happened with Braydan being late for church so I can only imagine how you felt. It was funny to read all your weekend highs and lows. YOu crack me up. We are in ID right now, wish we were closer to you guys. The kids are totally sick of the hotel already...WOOPS! I don't think I am going to Long Beach with Nolan anymore. He's still going but I am going to go to W.W. for those few days now. We need some time at home once and awhile. Hope you have a great week.
Poor Jessica and all the worrying. I can totally relate. I'm so glad all is well tho. glad you have good friends to do stuff with. I love the pictures of Kaleb and his expressions and Beautiful Eliza.
The kids look cute in the pictures. It still sounds like a wonderful Easter. Thanks for the phone call I got that today. I never have my phone with me. Anyway Happy Easter!
ha h funny story just keep telling yourself at least he is ok! the last picture is cute!
I enjoyed the last choir number quite a lot, too. Glad it wasn't just me. For some reason it always is nice when the choir and congregation sing. Sounds kind of corny, but oh well.
And so much drama with Braydan in the morning. Funny how much I miss sitting up front. I must apologize, but it is pretty funny to think about Braydan taking a nice, cozy nap on Easter morning. I'm more than a little jealous.
At least he got to pet the bunnies and see the fire truck. The egg hunt is pathetic. I don't get what some parents deal is. I can't believe that lady spralled out on the ground. Can we say psycho!?!
lol oh jessica I love your posts! Kaleb's face in the pictures says it all :)
oh so cute. im really behind on all your happenings all the time. i barely check my email anymore. i love the updates. keep em coming!
Post a Comment