Birthday Week

Well, it's been kinda a busy week with something every night it seemed. Monday night Braydan went to the Wingdome for a guy's night. He ate 20+ wings and was in some serious pain the next day :) Serves him right for ditching FHE right? jk. I didn't really want him to go, but he deserved a break I guess. He does a lot for me. Tuesday night we both went to YW/YM. I haven't been since having Eliza, but it wasn't so bad taking 2 kids as I thought it would be. Braydan had his first league soccer game in Snohomish that night too and was in some serious pain the next day from that also :) Wednesday night the Relief Society progressive birthday dinner started at my house for appetizers so I was kinda stressed about having my house all clean and stuff. It turned out really fun. Thursday was my birthday. 25! Braydan did much better than last year (see this post if you don't remember :) He heard me talking about needing new makeup a while back so he actually went and picked me out makeup!!! Mascara, foundation (the color was a little dark!) eye shadow, lipstick, and another thing we both haven't figured out what it is. I had a good laugh about it, but it was very sweet of him. I got to hang out with some friends, get a pedicure (my first ever) and we went out to dinner later that night. It was a good day. Thank you friends and family for all the calls and niceness :) Friday night we played my new Monopoly game with some friends. It was kinda weird sticking a credit card in, but I liked not having piles of money to sort through. I can understand the problem with America's debt problem now. I never new how much money I had with the credit card so I kept spending :) Saturday morning I made Braydan take Kaleb to the Children's Museum ( I just needed a morning to myself!) I was still doubting whether he was old enough to enjoy it, but he loved it. Braydan said his feet never stopped moving the whole time and he screamed bloody murder when they left. We bought the family pass and counted it as Kaleb's b-day present since we never got him anything (we're mean parents). That night we celebrated Pi Day with some friends, as in the 3.14 pi. Yes, it's an actual holiday. We thought it would be fun to dress up like nerds and eat pie. We had to take a nerd test and Braydan got 2nd place (big surprise, ha ha). We also took a Star Trek quiz and played Robo Ralley. Fun nerd stuff. I'll have to do a picture of Braydan later cause his hair was pretty awesome. Anyways, that was our week. In between all that we tried to get outside a lot cause it was so nice! One of my friends gave me her double stroller (the limo kind) and I seriously feel like a big train rolling down the sidewalk, but it's nice to have. Well, hope you all had a good week too. Adios. (picture for grandma :)

10 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a fun and busy week. I can't believe that was your first pedicure!! Sometime splurge for a facial (if you haven't already)...they are my favorite spa treat.
That is awesome that your guy picked out makeup for you. I am in shock. Paul wouldn't even attempt it...
Have you guys been the the Seattle Science Center with Kaleb? I think you have, but if not it is pretty fun for kids. OK, I really think you have.
Anyway, HB GF!

symony said...

Wow your toes look so cute sorry I forgot to call I am a horrible sister! :( Good job Braydan at the good birthday present! I think that is a great present for Kaleb! Cute picture I am glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the week update. You sure have alot of good friends and fun things to do there. Eliza looks cute in yellow! Next time I come over I want to take Kaleb to that kids museum!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessi happy birthday! and it kind of looked like Kaleb had more fun than you :) but I can't wait to see you in a few weeks, oh yeah download skype on your computer so I can talk to you when I get my mission call. Ok big sis love zach

DuRee Family said...

the children's museum looks like a lot of fun! you guys are always doing fun stuff! I bet kaleb was tired by the time he got home!

Ashley said...

Ahhh...how lame am I? I talk to you today and didn't even mention you turning 25! We'll have to celebrate when we come there. Sounds like such a fun week. I love all the pictures. You're one busy momma, I'm glad mutual went well with the kiddos. You are brave.

KANDY said...

Sounds like a fun filled week!!
Happy Birthday Jessica. Sorry I missed out on all the festivities.
It was a pretty lame weekend for us. One of these days I'm hoping someone will be brave enough to host a fun costume party " WITH KIDS" so we can attend. Babysitters are hard to come by. :)
P.S. yOUR toes look GREAT!!

Saralyn said...

Happy birthday! Sorry I didn't say anything sooner.

I've never done a pedicure either. I guess I should try it sometime.

Oh, and your kids are adorable as usual!

Matt said...

What a busy week! I am tired after reading it and Braydan is very brave to pick out makeup.

I will have to see about getting a pedicure for my birthday, too. Rebecca just asked me the other day what I wanted and my mind came up empty.

Parker Family said...

The meseum looks way cool. What fun stuff do you have planned when we come? Are we going to be able drive anyplace me having two many kids? Do you know anyone that has extra car seats that you can borrow? If someone has a extra boaster for Gavin that would be cool. One less to bring. Anyway still a long time away, but it will be a fun vacation out of the hot weather. It was 86 today when we went to the zoo. Getting hot!