Counting

Kaleb loves to count! He counts the stairs when he comes down every morning, he counts when he watches me cook (like cracking 3 eggs or measuring ingredients), he counts his animals and cars, and when we play hide and seek he likes counting instead of hiding. When he reads books, he holds up his pointer finger for me to hold and help him count. I finally caught him in the act of counting letters on the stove.
We've heard him go up to 20, but he only managed 14 I think in the video. Plus he forgot some others :) His counting rubbed off on me I think cause I started singing the Fiest, 1234 song a lot. Kaleb liked it of course and asked me to sing it AGAIN, AGAIN!! I got tired of butchering the lyrics so I looked it up and found a more suitable version. It's pretty sweet! It might even help you count to 4! He also learned all his colors a while back and knows most of his shapes. (Rectangle is hard to say!). The alphabet, on the other hand, is another story. No interest yet.

11 comments:

symony said...

That is so cute he looks just like braydan with his colick you have such a smart little boy he must have gotten it from me!

Amber said...

Wow! I am seriously impressed!!! Go Kaleb! You are an amazing mommy!!!

Matt said...

The alphabet will come along in time when he's ready. Very fun to see him learn and grow!

Unknown said...

Congratulations . . . I have to say it will all come when he is ready . . . Cayten still wont count to 10 but he knows all his letters, even on paper, and knows how to write some of them . . . . CRAZY BOY

Ashley said...

That is really cute. He's quite the smart guy! Goodness.

Anonymous said...

Kaleb is so cute counting! Amazing smart for 2 years old!

Nielsen6 said...

What a smart little guy! I love that you can post videos, I need to figure that one out.

Parker Family said...

Wow I am very impressed with little Kaleb. Gavin needs to take some lessons.

shandikimille said...

how fun! ya chase had his numbers down and now he kind of forgets them sometimes, but he can count to ten in spanish so that's good! ya chase doesn't want to do the alphabet yet either! we have kids at the dental office all the time when we are "counting" their teeth, they will finish counting for us if we pause to look at something, pretty cute.

Anonymous said...

I haven't visited for a while, I guess Wow 2 months already!! I loved the pictures from the museum and eliza is so gorgeous I'm glad you have fun dressing her they don't let you for very long!!
I'm so glad you still have lots of fun! Don't lose that
love ya,

KyleandAmanda said...

That is so good! What a smart little guy!So cute!