Happy Birthday Kaleb!!!

Yesterday my little Kaleb turned 2!!! Crazy!! Every time I asked him how old he was he said, "PREEE!!"--which means 3. We'll have to work on that. I tried to make it a special day for him, even though he didn't really understand the whole concept. I let him pick out a balloon at the store (thanks for the idea Ashley) and he wanted a pink heart one. He loved running in circles around the balloon and acting silly with it. I tried to get him to go to the playland at the store (cause you can go when you're two), but he wouldn't. Maybe next time. He helped me make the cake and was most excited about that all day. Whenever anyone said happy birthday to him, he said "CAKE!" I planned on making him a police car cake cause that's what he's obsessed with right now, but I forgot about the black frosting thing -- pretty much impossible unless you buy the gel stuff, which I didn't. So. . . I made an easy basketball. He likes those too. We had some of our friends over and it was so cute to watch his face when everyone sang to him. I think he was in heaven. He practiced blowing the candles out before the big event, but Braydan had to help. As soon as he blew them out, he said "Again?" I love my little boy. Everyday I seriously crawl into bed exhausted from him, but for some reason I love him and all his mischief. I don't know if it's cause I have Eliza now and I'm distracted sometimes or if it's really the "terrible" two thing, but this past week he did some naughty things. One day he threw all his socks in the toilet. While I was cleaning that up, he got my water bottle and emptied the whole thing on his floor. Another day he got Eliza's baby lotion and smeared globs of it all over the couch. I think in the same hour he scooped dirt out of Braydan's plant into his dump truck and "unloaded" it on the recliner. He likes to help me cook and usually we have no troubles, but yesterday he threw a glass cup on the floor. After that shattered and I'm sweeping it up, he got the lid off the pepper and dumped the whole thing. I think that was the worst cause it seriously burned my eyes and nose!!!! We were all sneezing for a while. You're probably thinking that I never watch him, but he's fast and sneaky! Never a dull moment around here.
Anyways, Kaleb we are so thankful for you and that you are a part of our family. You make me laugh with all your little quirks - - like your hop skip walk, your face when you say "Eww Gross," the way you push your stool all around the kitchen to help me cook, the way you say "funny" and all "f" words for that matter. I love all our conversations, your excitement for life, and especially how eager you are to help me clean : ) (It will be a sad day when he figures out cleaning is actually not that fun.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! I'm the first one again to write on your new post. But its good one, Kaleb sure looks to cute to be that holy terror, I think you are just making it up for sympathy points, jk. I know you are a good mom. Thanks for keeping us updated though. Love ya

RaeAnn said...

Don't worry, I am sure the hardest days are behind you...:) That boy has got some e-n-e-r-g-y!

Travis said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb. That's pretty funny the things he's been doing. I think it's offically the terrible two's (which don't end at 3 by the way)!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the pictures. So cute of Kaleb and his expressions. He is fitting right into the terrible two's category! Maybe longer time outs would help. Good luck with that. Grandma will watch him for ya!

Stacy said...

Don't worry Jessica, Tristan is only 21 1/2 months and is already doing the terrible 2 stuff! I just wish he didn't have to do it so soon!

Parker Family said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb. You don't sound so bad! You are a cute little boy.

KyleandAmanda said...

Kaleb is so Cute! Two can be a crazy age! You did such a good job on your cute cake. I totally know what you mean about sneakiness! Those stories are too cute! Good Luck

symony said...

Blogger hates me lately that is why I am slow! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALEB!!!!!!!!!!! It will make for good stories later believe me that is what we talk about with braydan is all the crazy things he did! I love him I am thinking it was a good thing we didn't come we have not gotten over our sickness still have pink eye ear infections and all of us have BAD coughs! well I am glad you are doing good!

Alisha said...

o so cute! those are a lot of good pictures and you updated really well. Wow im sorry you were alone for that huge list of naughty things he did, wow!! Did you give out his first spanking i hope?? i would if he was watching you clean it up with a smile on his face!! love ya

Ashley said...

Oh man, I can't believe all the mischief he is up to! YOu are impressive to stay up. Good job on the cake and everything. I love birthdays. I can't believe he is two! I was just thinking the other day about being there when he was born. It made me really sad that I haven't met Eliza yet. We might have 2 trips planned before June to see you guys though. We'd stay at your house a couple nights each time if that sounds fun. I hope they work out. I will let you know more as it gets closer. Love you cuz!

shandikimille said...

haha what a cutie, I would love to welcome you to the terrible two's, wich does not end anytime in the near future! Yes I have had many moments like that, where you are cleaning up the mess they just made and already there is another one, it's great! Oh chase did flush like half of the container of baby wipes down the toilet one time and he didn't even use any of them, he just thought it would be cool to see them go down? not sure? haha good times.

S&J Jones Family said...

Your children are so beautiful!! Heather told me that you had a blog so I'm glad to have found you. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. It's so wierd to see you with children...I haven't seen them! It looks like you are a wonderful mom, though!

Saralyn said...

Man, he really is a ball of energy! That's cute that he likes to help you clean. I hope Tanner lasts as long as he has on that one!