Great Wolf Lodge Adventure

We went to the Great Wolf Lodge Monday and Tuesday and it was so fun! If you've never heard of it, it's the biggest indoor water park in the northwest. Waahoo! The whole place was huge. We stayed in room #4000 and that was only the 4th floor. There was 8 floors! I didn't think I'd swim much with nursing baby and holding her, but our friends took turns with us so we could get away from the kiddie pool area once in a while! (Thank you Sammy and Rodney!!!) I swear Kaleb went down this slide about 100 times. He didn't mind getting his face wet. In fact he thought it was funny if he went totally under. Scary! His other favorite thing (that he keeps talking about) was this gigantuos bucket that fills up and dumps water over everything. He was fascinated. My favorite was the Tornado! (I stole this picture off the website) It was so crazy, especially if you went down backwards! You go down a normal tunnel thing and then it DROPS into this humongous funnel that shoots you up and down the sides. Now I know what it's like to get flushed down the toilet. Braydan and Rodney got some 300lb. guys to go on it with them and they pretty much set a speed record :) They should have tipped over, but the laws of physics were with them I guess. Braydan took Kaleb in the wave pool a lot . . . . ...... and the pool with floating animals. He liked the snake.Eliza pretty much hung out naked the whole time cause it was so humid and hot. Scandalous, I know! People were checking her out left and right. Except they didn't always know it was a her. I got a lot of the "what a cute little boy!" or "how old is he?" questions. Poor Eliza :) Anyways, it was nice to have a much needed break. I laughed a lot (or screamed)!

19 comments:

Ashley said...

AWESOME! So I totally signed up for a week getaway to this place, and now after seeing your post, I really want it! Doubtful, so maybe one of these years we'll have to meet ya there. PErhaps when Eliza and Grace can swim too!

symony said...

I am so jelious that looks so fun! that photo of kaleb under water scares me! That slide looks CRAZY! I am sure Eliza loved being naked! ha ha ha I think she is a very cute GIRL!!!

Amber said...

It looks like a blast! I vote we go sometime with no kids =).

Travis said...

Looks like a lot of fun.

Stacy said...

That looks like a very fun water park. I took Tristan to Big Splash last summer when I went with the Young Women in my ward and he LOVED the kiddie pool! A couple of my Beehives actually took him down the kiddie slides too and hey really liked that. I can't wait until we can do that with him this year, it should be lots more fun. Poor little Eliza! My niece Niah always got called a boy too so Chandra and George bought her a shirt that said she was a girl!

Parker Family said...

I have seen that place in a magazine it looks so cool. Don't worry Brody has been called a girl in blue clothes. People just don't know what they are saying.

KANDY said...

Did you guys Share a room with the Bates? I heard it is OUTRAGIOUSLY EXPENSIVE....and the only way to go is share??? Wow...looks like a lot of fun though! I know my kids would love it.....but, I'm not getting in a suit anytime soon. When you are pregnant back to back....your body takes a serious beating!! Oh well....I'll use my imagination! :)

DuRee Family said...

wow that place looks like a lot of fun!

RaeAnn said...

Did I miss what town that is in? I would love to go there!

Sheraden.in.wonderland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheraden.in.wonderland said...

Ok soo..
JELIOUS!!!
We were gonna go... but well BUSY!
That tornado looks FUN!
Eliz looks like a girl! What is up with that? I will go next year...
cause AUSSIE IS EXPENCIVE!!!

Sheraden.in.wonderland said...

Sorry about the eliz...
my keyboard is retarded!
ELIZA looks like a girl. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks really fun, why didn't you tell us about that place when we visited there. But it looks like Kaleb had fun.

KyleandAmanda said...

How fun! We have a Great Wolf Lodge close to us and you have just convinced me to go! I think Eliza is a beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Eliza is such a chunk, I love it! Kaleb looks like he had fun.

Alisha said...

wow that looks like so much fun!! im glad you guys got to go and that you got to laugh. i bet kaleb drank a lot of water! i would! that funnel thing looks crazy fun!

S&J Jones Family said...

They have one of those here too. I haven't been but it looks like so much fun!

Amy said...

Looks like you all had a fun time! I'm sure it was nice to get away in the cold winter months!

caldwell said...

So when we were in Florida I went on the tornando water slide and it scared the living pee out of me. From the outside I could not tell how it worked and yes I was backwards so it came as a total shock to me. Chase just laughed his head off cause he saw it coming. Glad you had fun!!