Girly Stuff

I finished painting baby's room and people have been asking what green I chose. It's hard to describe in words, so here ya go. I didn't want to show it till the room was all decorated cute (which might never happen), but this will at least give you an idea. (that's the crib bedding i got earlier just so you can see the color scheme) I had a hard time choosing the green! Even when I finished the first coat, I was doubting myself and thinking I would start over again. I like it now though. So for anyone that's interested, this is my trick (I learned from Amber :) I go to Benjamen Moore Paints and they have huge canvas paint samples. They cost $5 a canvas, BUT you can return them (as long as you don't bend them). I take them home and tape them up on the wall. That's how I picked my living room color too. I think it's too hard to judge from a tiny paint card.

Anyways, remember that mountaineering class Braydan was in? Well, it got over last week. (Yay!!) His final exam was Thursday and he passed!

The picture is of him doing first aid on a guy bleeding to death from a bear attack. (They made it very realistic with actors and everything)
One guy in the class got sick from looking at all the fake blood :) I shouldn't laugh cause that would probably be me too! Anyways, while he was gone on those nights, my friend and I worked on more girly projects. We discoverd that her baby moniter reaches to my house, so I went over every night after putting Kaleb to sleep and we had fun.

I made this sign and it was pretty easy (thanks sammy!) Hopefully I don't change her name or I'll be in trouble. I also painted my old shadow box white.

And made bows! They look easy, but it took me like 2 hours to make my first 2!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks GREAT, except for the yucky blood! I LOVE the sign. Hope all is well!

Parker Family said...

Wow I didn't realize you did all this girly stuff. I am very impressed. You better not change the name now.

symony said...

wow what a littl craft queen!!! love the color love the bows if you are bored and want to make us some we wont mind at all!!!! The sign looks AMAZING I love it!!!! yeah that bloody guy would have made me sick too!

Ashley said...

The green turned out really cute, I like the bows and sign a lot too. Way to go Miss crafty!

Anonymous said...

I love the green color. Love the Eliza sign. The bows are cute. Who would have known you'd turned into a girly girl:) Keep testing that baby monitor.
congrats to Braydan on passing the real life test.

Steph said...

I love it, girls are so fun!

Anonymous said...

i am jealous that braydan got to take such a realistic class and now he will be able to protect himslef and his family forever in the world. and cute bows sister. you sure like hair things.

Travis said...

I wish we had a little girl...

Emily said...

I love the green. I can't wait to see it in person.