I got started on baby's room this week and finished painting the trim and doors. I thought it would take a day, but it always takes longer than I think. I guess one day I got distracted. I had left-over paint on my brush, but didn't feel like going down to wash it out so I turned around and started painting my cedar chest!!! (I know Mom, don't freak out) It's from my Grandma and is really nice, but it was a light wood color with gold handles and legs (from the 50's - - kinda ugly). I should've taken a before picture. Anyways, my little distraction turned into a project. I like how it turned out and now it will match the room at least.

So now that the room is completely white, I need to decide a color! Got any suggestions. I want it green, but there's lots of cute
greens. Here's some I've been looking at. What's your favorite? Try and ignore all the other cute stuff in the room and just look at the paint.





I just threw the last one for fun. I feel bad for that baby ;)
15 comments:
Personally I like the first the BEST, and the fourth green, second. I sure wish we could move beyond white walls!
I think I like the first one the best too. You have to go to lowes or somewhere and bring home some paint samples and see what it looks like in the room with the lighting, then decide.
I Like the 3rd picture but it depends on your decorations you have.
I like the first or the fourth one the best. Great idea!
Painting always takes forever, but it sure makes a room fun and fresh! I like the first or second, my least favorite is the one with the circular crib. Anyways, good job getting on these projects. I like the cedarchest. We have one passed down I want to paint, but think my family would not like it. I am on the clock duty still, Nolans sister is getting back to me with the info. Sorry it is taking awhile.
I really like 1 and 4 the best - and I like that you will be using green! I think it is a great choice of color! And the dresser looks beautiful - so nice to turn something around a bit and make it work!
I don't like green...
I like the one with the circle bedding--kind of lime color. Also, when did people start putting hard wood in their bedrooms? I am digging it.
sister you make this hard to tell. i feel so far away from the walls in the pictures. I like the yellowy with the pink square blanket room but if you want to go green i'd do the poka dot blanket room. i like yellow and green but it seems like you have lots of green walls already. do a light yellow. i have a piece of paper in front of me that is the perfect shade. welp thats might vote. good luck!and i thought i told you your not supposed to be painting with that girl inside you!
i forgot to tell you that i like your incubus title! I bet your friends just think your so clever come up with these rhyming phrases but i know!...plus the first picture is way to dark a green. won't work for you i don't think.
I like the third and the fifth ones (the light green ones) the first one doesn't look as baby ish but is still cute! i for sure don't like the last one it would be really had to find matching accesories for it and then if you sold your house not many people would like it!
My fav is the second to last green one, not too bright, not too dark. I wish our rooms looked like they were from a magazine! Keep us posted on what you decide and your progress. And Alisha is right, you shouldn't be painting! make Braydan do it and keep the house well ventilated! Ok, I'm done now.
Steph
I like the first one and the fourth one.
Jessica I like the first one, you should get some hard would floors, Haha. Also I like the title "A certain shade of Green" Are you still listening to Inubus. If you are, then you are going to be a pretty cool Mom! lol
I told you to quit painting in your condition!
Post a Comment