A Fork In The Road . . .
Well I guess it's just a possible fork in the road, but still very much on my mind because we have to decide by the end of the year! Yipes! Braydan's company bid on a 2.8 billion dollar project in Salt Lake . One of the bosses is putting a team together and asked Braydan to join them. The project would be for a year (I'm guessing longer cause there's always delays). It starts spring of 2010. The pay is DOUBLE what he makes now. The money is assuming workers fly home to Seattle every weekend (but that won't work for me :) So . . . that means either renting in Utah for a year and paying our mortgage too, renting out our house and renting in Utah, selling our house and moving down there, or not doing it! There's lots of what ifs about it. Braydan has talked about going to Law School at BYU after he gets his P.E. lisence, but what if he can't get in and what if he changes his mind? It's almost two years away, but what if the housing market is still bad and we can't sell our house? What if I die from moving AGAIN?!!! I'm very serious about that one (we've moved 6 times since we got married) And what if I die going from a house back to an apartment (w/ two kids!) I love it here - - my home, my neighbors, my ward, yes . . even the weather!! (okay maybe not all the time with that one, but most of the time). Braydan is still in adventure mode and thinks it would be a good opportunity. I said "no way" at first, but am I crazy to say that? This has helped me to write it all down. Anyways, what would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
This post seemed to ring all too true to me. Leaving a great ward and area, trying to sell a house, renting a dinky apartment with 2 kids after living in a house. And Nolan has been talking about going to school in 2 years to get his masters. It is so hard when these choices are put in front of us, and sometimes any choice will work out for the best, and there isn't just one right one. but I feel like making these choices at this time in our lives helps us to grow closer as a family and husband and wife. Good luck, lots of different scenarios to run through! Oh yeah maybe you should rent/buy our townhome and comute to SLC if you do go:-)
R u KIDDING????
What is so confusing about DOUBLE the salary? :)
Besides, Utah is So Beautiful!
It makes sence for the schooling, etc.
I don't know...we all love your family, but this sound like a once and a lifetime opportunity. The $$$ is a blessing for your family in this time of a recession, and for the baby.
This is just your first home......
" Home is where the heart is"
and as long as you have eachother!
Besides, your friends can always come visit you.
Good luck.
I KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO....
SEE YA!!!
I know what I would do at this point in my life. . . I want to stay here in UT but I am guessing it wont happen. If Brayden wants to go to Law School, why not go after this job finishes up. You could sell your house there, and just move here! That is me being selfish meaning there could be a possibility of me getting to see you guys more! I hate these decisions. Good Luck!
Life is an adventure you have to do what you think is best. From the sound of it this sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I knew where life will take me but right now I now we will be in Arizona. Wish the job was in Arizona you would totally move then! ;) Can't wait to hear your decision.
Totally, go for it! We love living here, and I'm sure you could find a nice place to rent. The train is wonderful so you don't have to live right in SLC where it is most expensive. If you plan to go back to Seattle then rent your house there till you go back. Wow, what an adventure, it sounds exciting! To be fair, I guess there are more things to consider than more money. Not usually for me, but maybe for you guys. I know you will make the right decision for your family, even if you just say no cuz you don't need the extra stress right now, in your condition. Good luck, pray, fast and go to the temple! And let me add...see you in UT!
Steph
I am already crying, but heck, you only live once.
maybe you could rent your house to a looking cousin???
I would love for you guys to move back to Utah! That would be sooo cool! We have thought about moving towards SLC and with you guys there that would be even better. I say you sell your house and buy a new one here. West Jordan is a great place to live (I've heard). Than you can work at your job for double (no brainer there) and than stay here after you are done. I had no idea that Braydan was thinking of going to law school! I'm way behind. I guess I should call you more often since you NEVER call me. :} Just the posibility is making me excited!!!
Wow sister! welp just as your getting settled you get the chance to get up and try something new! cool i think you should study it out all your options. Make a list of why you need to go and why you need to stay. maybe that might help. who knows! would braydan work more? just checking cause that wouln't be good. i will call you later!!!
Wow! Sounds like some major decisions. This is what I would do... pray, pray and pray some more! Hope that helps!
I've been trying to think of some good advice but I cannot even understand my promptings let alone anyone else’s. I do know if Braydan is still thinking about school then you must seriously consider it. The older your children get the harder moves will be. I guess I'm saying now or never. Then again, they say it's never too late. Very confusing. I do know that Utah is closer than Seattle plus Az. looks real inviting in the winter. Good luck. Mom
YEAH MOVE TO SALT LAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I guess do what ever will suit you best but you know maybe you guys can sell your home and make your perminant home back here!!!!!!!! huh huh! I think that is an awesome idea!!!! You always make new friend where ever you go!
Post a Comment