Summer

I got this bike for Eliza at a garage sale last weekend and she loves it. She's working on peddling and steering, (which means we have to push her the whole way). No more fights with Kaleb for stealing his bike! (just lots of fights about other things . . . )
We got dressed up, did our nails and took picutures while the boys went crab fishing this last weekend. I'll have to blog about their adventure later.
I love this complicated girly. She has to do things by herself, but at the same time I hear "I can't" a lot from her. I guess it depends on what I want her to do and not do :-) For example, in the car it takes her about 10 minutes to climb in the van and pull herself up into the car seat and get her buckles on. If I try and help her to move the process along she gets so angry! One time I gave her the tiniest boost into her seat and she immediately slid back down and climbed out of the car to start over, yelling, "No mom! I can do it by myself!"

Playing with their buddies


Braydan got to go to Logan for Sym and Josh's sealing last weekend. I tried to buy a plane ticket to go with him (now that Alisha's here to babysit :-), but prices went up to $500! He loved being with all of his family, especially eating at Bluebird and Juniper Takeout (our old favorites (sniff!), wrestling with his cute nephews,
and playing with his beautiful nieces.
Thanks for taking care of him everyone!

Kaleb had swim lessons last week. He grinned ear to ear every time he got one-on-one attention from his teacher. Then he would look at me to make sure I was watching.
He said he learned "monkey, airplane, banana." It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about, then remembered we used to call it, "zip, tee, down." His variation sounds more exciting :-)

A word about Alisha: From my last few posts, it doesn't even sound like she's here, but that's because she rarely is :-) Every night is some activity and I've started living vicariously through her exciting life. I love getting her ready, telling her what to wear and what to say and do. (I'm bossy remember). We're always asleep by the time she comes home, so I'm always eager to wake her up in the morning (evil laugh) and get the latest scoop about all her drama with boys. I never realized how boring I've become until she came. We did get to go on a date this last Friday (miracle that she was around to babysit) and it was so fun to not worry about anything!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I really need to get Thomas in swim. I love the different names they have for strokes! Eliza is so cute, good job on the pictures. SHE TRULY SOUNDS IDENTICAL to Grace, so that makes me not feel like a loser of a parent. So funny to hear about living with Alisha, what would it be like to be young and free again :-)

Amber said...

I love the pictures of Eliza! What a girl. Adelie is exactly the same when it comes to getting in the car =). OH, the joys. Swim looks like a lot of fun. Kaitlyn had the same teacher last year. I feel the same way about Alisha. I love getting in on all the drama ;). Poor girl has two old bossy women to bug her. LOL!

Parker Family said...

The kids are just so cute. I love to read about them! Eliza is just getting so big I can't wait until Oct to see everyone. That is so wonderful that Kaleb loves swimming it makes life with swim lessons much better.

mom smith said...

Loved this post. Eliza is so pretty in the dress and her hair, etc. Where is your dress up pictures Jessica?
Cute video. Braydan looks good with the little girls all in white.
Funny about Alisha and her big sister.