Forbidden Peak/ Leavenworth

Braydan climbed Forbiden Peak last weekend.
He summed up the trip, "The way up was fun, challenging, and exhilarating. The way down was cold, wet, and miserable."
Matt said Braydan looked dead when they got back to camp. He climbed in his tent and fell right asleep. They asked him if he needed water and he was already out. He didn't even eat dinner.
Last year they didn't summit, but this year they did! He says he's officially retired now, but I've heard that many times.

So, we found some fun things to do while he was gone. I can't remember most of it now, but Saturday we went to Leavenworth with Amber, Rebecca, and Danette and kids. We wanted to escape the weather, but arrived to pouring rain. We said a prayer and started our hike around Blackbird Island. I didn't even bring a jacket! Luckily, after about 1o minutes, the rain stopped and the sun came out. Yeah for prayers! We had fun exploring, playing by the river with friends,
or not . . .


going to lunch, getting ice cream,
The kids had a blast rolling down this hill in the town square. Once they got bored with that, they started pulling each other down. They all had brown bumbs by the end of the day.
Eliza screamed the whole way home because I forgot her blanket and she was soooooo tired. But, other than that, the day was a success.

6 comments:

Matt Bettilyon said...

I love the contrast between the steep, snowy, cloudy mountain and the sunny, blue sky, green grass of your day in Leavenworth. On the way home I dreamed of crispy bratwurst sausages once I heard you guys had spent the day in Leavenworth.

The Barrett's said...

Thanks for the post. Happy you can do such exciting activities. Stay healthy.

mom said...

Glad Braydan is retired. That climb looks so hard!
I'm happy you did something fun too.

symony said...

You are crazy brother! Glad you still do fun stuff Jessica!

Parker Family said...

The boys have to watch the videos over and over again.

Sarah said...

I am so glad you guys had fun in Leavenworth. Sounds like a party. I sure had fun hanging with the girls while your hubbies were gone. Thanks for inviting me.