this is why we needed my camera! I don't know what I'm checking out . . .
still working on learning the video camera part of the phone :) at least there's cool music
. . . and when it was almost dark, we went to find a campsite up Icicle Canyon.
Saturday morning we headed for X Y Cracks, a nice little wall to warm up on.
repelling down
Right off I remembered I don't like cracks! I hate jamming body parts and hauling myself up. I feel like it's not graceful or technical, but probably because I'm not good at it :) Braydan obliged me and we hiked to J-Y Crag next.
Braydan
He lead a fun one (without cracks!) and I loved how sticky the quartz felt. It sure is sharp on the fingers though!
me
We also found Veterns Wall and that one was our favorite. Lots of routes, no people, and full sun! We climbed till 2, hiked back down to our campsite and packed up. We drove into Leavenworth for something to eat and Braydan insisted I needed to have a traditional Brat. Eww! I tried a bite, but gave the rest to him. Before we left I wanted to see the famous chocolate shop. I had no intentions of buying any, but suddenly Braydan was picking out pieces and buying a box for me! I tried to ignore the price and enjoy them for Mother's Day :)
We headed home and got to enjoy more alone time together because the kids were at Discovery Park with the Dyers! What a spoiled weekend for all of us! I thought Kaleb would be so excited to see us, but he cried himself to sleep, wanting to play with Jacob.
One last word . . . .When Mom was here a few weeks ago, she randomly told me, "Braydan is perfect for you, you know." I was kinda surprised, but the more I've thought about it, the more I realized she is right. He really is perfect for me. I'm so lucky to have had 5 happy years with him.

10 comments:
Happy Anniversary! 5 years has gone by fast (we celebrate ours next month!) Looks like you guys had fun! In my book anything that involves a little break from parenthood is fun (does that sound bad?) Your little family is so cute!
Way to live it up! That's so nice you have friends that you left the kids with. I'm jealous:-) I think you and Braydan are very god together. That town is funny to see. I've heard about it.
That was so sweet. Glad you two went away and enjoyed what you love to do. Glad you have some good friends. Thanks for sharing.
Dad says "awesome blog" he wants to see Levenworth too. Maybe Dad and I will go off alone to see it :)
I'm so grateful for YOUR happy marriage, darling kids, good friends and good health!
what a fun weekend! glad you let your wonderful friend take care of your kids to give you guys a break! fun picts! i didn't see any warm up walls...
Sounds like a lot of fun! Way to chill out and have fun I always have a hard time doing that! You guys are a great couple and you are both amazing people and people I look up to! congrats on 5 years!
yes, you two are perfect for each other. happy anniversary!
Awe what a fun anniversary weekend! happy anniversary you two! I can't believe it's been 5 years already! that means that it's almost our 5 year ann too! crazy how time flies!
congrats! I still remember when you two met.... ;)
Yeah! I am happy you had fun!!! The pictures are awesome for a phone. I am impressed.
Post a Comment