Firestation Trip


This morning we got to tour the fire station with a play group in town. Kaleb was so excited (and I was actually too!) It started off kinda slow, showing us the offices and talking and explaining a lot. Finally the fireman realized it was a bunch of 2-4 year old kids and he better cut it short :) One guy dressed up and let the kids come and touch him and see that he's not scary. Kaleb still wouldn't get near him. We went outside and saw the ambulances and firetrucks. They started the engines and took us for rides! I wasn't expecting that, especially getting to sit shot-gun! By this point, Kaleb was in shock. He kept repeating, "that fireman picked me up!" (to put him on my lap in the truck) It was a fun morning :) Oh, and I learned something new! A fire truck has the ladder, a fire engine has the water. Did I get that right?

8 comments:

Ashley said...

That's such a great idea. I love the pictures too. Thomas would go crazy to ride in the front, so fun!

Parker Family said...

So Cool!

shandikimille said...

you guys always do the coolest stuff! haha I bet Kaleb will still remember that when he is older :)

symony said...

That is so fun! The highlight of a boys life for sure!

KyleandAmanda said...

I bet that made Kaleb's day! I think that would be every little boys dream! So fun!

mom said...

wow, I love all the recent, many blogs! oh I'd love to see Kaleb getting in that truck. I bet he was beside himself! I bet he is still talking about it. You two look so cute and excited.

Amber said...

Fun! Next time call me please. Cute picture of you and Kaleb.

Alisha said...

oh fun. I bet he'll remember that for a long time. Glad he got to see the fireman all dressed up. thanks for sharing!