Well, we got good seats all right, close to the chutes, but right in the blazing sun. Every rodeo I've been to was at night, so I never thought about sun being an issue. I think I'm a vampire. I lasted all of 30 minutes before ditching Braydan and the Bates to go find some shade in the covered stands. Okay, I must admit that it was probably only 70 degrees out, Sammy even wore her hoodie the whole time, but it was hot. (like I said before, VAMPIRE!) It worked out better cause then Kaleb had lots of room to run around and climb without getting burned. I forgot how long rodeos last. We got there at around 11 and it didn't get over till 4. You can do the math. It's a lonnngggg time for a toddler to sit in the bleachers and watch something. Even longer for the mom. I'm glad Braydan and the Bates enjoyed it. I'm still not sure. Especially with the two hour car ride there and back. 
The pictures are what Braydan took from our close seats. My brother would be proud. I did come down and sit with them for the last event: bull riding. I knew there would be some intense action and I was right.
The second rider got knocked unconscious and had to be lifted out. Braydan could see the blood all over the rider's face when he got hit. Gross. Those guys are seriously crazy. I was glad to see some of them wearing face masks at least. Never saw that before.
Braydan's favorite was the barebacks. They also had a funny team race where one rider ropes the cow and the other teammate has to try and milk it. I kinda felt bad for the momma cows, but it was still pretty funny seeing those big cowboys getting dragged and pulled around by the stubborn cow. 
After the rodeo we walked around and Kaleb bonded with the pigs. They were really funny to him. He would stick his finger in the pen and their big snouts would touch him and he would laugh and squeal (almost like the pigs) and run away. Then do it all over again.
He also liked kissing the horse. Well, hope you all had a restful Labor Day weekend!
10 comments:
Wow what an eventful weekend! You guys took really good pictures I wish we had a nice camera like you guys! I have never ever been to any rodeo ever even the preston one! I love you guys have a good week!
That looks like something I wouldn't totally love either. I've been to one rodeo and it was only 2 hours, but about 1 hour too long. I'm impressed Kaleb made it through. Maybe you have a cowboy on your hands.
Those Rodeo Riders are serious adrenaline junkies!!!! Looks like a lot of fun...but yeah.....long way to go with a toddler! :) You guys know how to have some fun one way or another!!
looks like fun! you guys sure are staying busy! Chase didn't really want to get to close to the pigs at the fair. I think he will stick with dogs for now, haha. After all they are easier to boss around!
You guys always think of the funnest things to do. Looks like fun.
You got tickets in advance the rodeo is something I go to if we have nothing else better to do.
So, since you are part vampire I would think that Washington would be a perfect place for you. What is all your complaining about!?! Just kidding =). Sounds like you had a fun time despite it all. Maybe you'll look back on it later, much later, with fond memories ;). Thanks again for all your help yesterday!!! You are amazing!
Hey Jessy, I love the pictures of the rodeo. I put it on my background, We'll have to get Kaleb on one of those bulls here soon. He should toughen up ha. Anyways life is crazy at college now and my roomates are wierder than I could have imagined but I'll have to live on. Love ya from your little bro.
cute pictures sis. i like your hair do too! I want a blow up slide too!
Dad said be careful with the pigs, they can bite your finger off!
Sounds fun, I knew you were always a cowgirl at heart. Good job Braydan with the pictures.
Post a Comment