To get on the island you have to drive across the Deception Pass Bridge, which is awesome! It's 350 feet off the water (a little scary when you're looking over the edge) and is so beautiful with the fog coming off the ocean to the north.
Our friends, the Bettilyons, joined us later that night for tin-foils and smores and we stayed up late talking around the fire (courtesy of Braydan's driftwood he stole from the beach :)
I wish I would've taken a picture of our tent. It's a one man backpacking tent and worked fine when we were lovey newlyweds, but not old marrieds with Kaleb. Let's just say it was a tight squeeze. I was afraid to move all night for fear of smothering them, but at least Kaleb slept. I was really worried about that and even pictured myself driving him around in the middle of the night just to avoid waking the whole campground. Braydan and Kaleb at 6 in the morning. I guess you could say they're not morning people :)
I think our breakfast was my favorite part. Have I mentioned I love eating? The whole thing was kinda a fiasco with our blazn' griddle burning up pancakes and eggs left and right. Fortunately, it tasted nummy to me (I don't know if the Bettilyons were so sure). Bettilyon family exploring.
10 comments:
Looks like fun! Hey I'm first, does that mean I win???
That is so good you went camping! I love that it is close to a beach, and you can explore the rocks and everything. THe pictures are great. Kaleb is looking so old!
Sounds like a blast! I can't believe you all fit into a one man tent. That won't happen next year =). I think I know what Santa needs to bring you this year.
Looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait for this weekend, Matthew and I are going camping in the Pryor's this weekend with some friends, not sure if we are taking Tristan or not. I guess it will depend on if any grandparents want to watch him for 2 days and 2 nights!
That place is way cool. We are going camping this weekend. Not brave enought to take Brody with us but I know Gavin will have a blast. So you going to buy a bigger tent?
Looks like fun! You are very brave to do that when you are preggy. I just get too tired and too hungry to ever get too far from my bed and fridge! Sorry we didn't make it to your neighborhood when we were in WA, I did think about you though, and reminded my parents that they need to see you some time! I can't wait for when we finally make it over the mountains and you get to show us all of the fun stuff to do in the rain! by the way, I added the kids names to the photos on my post, the boy you were asking about is Kathen, Amber's 2nd. Should I go back and put who the kids parents are too? maybe I should....
Steph
that would be fun to camp right on the shore!!! I am glad Kaleb was so good remi cries when we go! that would be awesome to see all those close up!!!! I have no idea how you fit in a one man tent we barely fit in a 5 man tent!!! WOW! not very comfortable while you are prego!!! sounds like lots of fun!
looks like lots of fun. Kalebs poking pict reminds me of seeing that stuff on the coast trip. I'm glad you got to go to that point finally.cute picts!
Hey, isn't deception pass the one we could have driven to on the other end of Wodbey Island? I'm glad you got to finally go and see it. It looks awesome and so cool to see the ocean. I want to go there next time. Cute pictures and I can just picture Kaleb poking all the sea life.
wow, it's really pretty there! I wanna come there just so I can take pictures. I like the fog too. It sure looks like you guys had a lot of fun there! I'm glad Kaleb was good for you at bedtime. We still haven't taken Chase camping, I don't know if I dare! He was horrible at Kaleb's age for bedtime, he wouldn't even sleep anywere but his own bed at home! Lucky you!
Post a Comment