MORE house projects - gotta love em'

This week has been like this:












So instead of doing this on Saturday,













We did this:
That pretty much sums up what I've been busy doing all week. We did a whole rock climbing training with the youth on Wednesday night, but by Saturday it snowed so we had to cancel the trip :( Sad. But I'm glad we got to finish some house projects. They're actually kinda fun to me. (Braydan's not so sure anymore :) I must say, however, that painting trim is extremely slow and tedious work! I'm not a very patient person, so it was hard for me to keep motivated on one doorway or window ledge for an hour at a time.
Plus it's just a pain cause you have to sand it, caulk it, then prime it, and do one or two coats of paint on it. I think the white trim looks a lot better. The doors are a whole other story. I got it in my head that I just had to have new 6-panel doors to finish the room. I found out they had em' at Lowe's for pretty cheap, BUT you buy them un-cut. I figured Braydan could do it easy. Well, I'll just say that they're not so easy and he's done doing doors :)

I better get back to work. I have to finish my other room now!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man it looks so good. I hear ya on the house projects, especially sanding and caulking. Our least favorite is grouting tile, but it's work doing it well afterwards. I'd definently recomend taping things off when painting, I stink at cutting in. I'm sorry it snowed, it wasnt' the best weather here this weekend either. Hopefully you will be rockcliming this weekend!

Parker Family said...

I love that color isn't color walls so much better than white. How did you decide what color to do? Sorry about the doors hopefully you can find a better easier way to do it. I can't believe it snowed there Gavin went swimming on Saturday and its 84 right now. We have had the air conditionar on the last couple of weeks.

Amber said...

I too LOVE the color =)!! Your doors look awesome! I have to say, my favorite part is the new door nob. Gorgeous! K- I think I'm a little obsessed with decorating when I notice and love that the most. I'm such a dork!

symony said...

Wow that is a lot of work!!! I dont know how you do it with Kaleb around Remi would be stressing because she is not the center of attention or she would touch the wet paint or something else bad! Well as hard as it was it looks really really good!

KANDY said...

You know I have to agree....the door looks 10 times better when you buy it rather then try to paint it white! What A nightmare!! It's worth the extra $$ when you see the job done! That's what I will do in the end. Buy new doors for all the rooms. Great Job on all teh hard work, although I think all of you girls (Amber, Emily and Yourself) need to take a deep breath a learn to relax! :) Granted teh weather doesn't offer a whole lot of other options right now......so I understand trying to keep busy! Hope to see you at the park today for a little break!

KANDY said...

P.S. If you haven't noticed...I am dislexic?? How do you spell that ....dislexic?? HAHA~~ all my "THE" are spelled " teh". I try and type to fast. Oh well....

Anonymous said...

Nice walls and doors. So you bought all new doors? Poor Braydan. I want new doors. Our doors have about 50 years of paint layers on them. Makes em more insulated.:) lvoe, mom

Saralyn said...

It looks awesome! Great choice on the paint color.

MattnBeck said...

paint looks great! The prep work details always pay off with the paint. I feel your pain on the doors, Braydan. I had to chisel some hinge routs on the jamb down about 1/8" once to get the interior door to close. Not good. I'm glad that shims were invented.

Parker Family said...

Thanks for helping me with my spelling on the blog you know I am not good with English got it changed before very many people had seen it. The pacifier with Gavin was harder for me to get lose than I think for Gavin. I loved car rides and nap time with the pacifier. At 18 months I only let him have in the crib then at 2 had him throw them away himself. So you still have time before you have to Kaleb off them it is probably nice now because he can get it himself. I just hope it is easier to do when Brody is younge. Today has not been easy 3 naps all three times crying forever. I hope it is worth it, I will let you know which way I like best.

Anonymous said...

Look Great!!!! Good Job. Marla

Anonymous said...

Looks Great!!!