Male Bonding

I just thought this picture was funny. Braydan has been obsessed with the hot tub this past week (and dragging kaleb in with him). I guess he thought the life vest would actually fit over his big belly, but it's obviously too small! It's more like a straight-jacket.

I've been craving tennis for the past few months now, but never knew what to do with Kaleb (he's not a kid that will sit happy in the stroller watching). Finally, we just went and let him play too. He thought the other court was better for some reason and kept wandering into another couple's game, so Braydan picked him up and played with a severe handicap for a while. Sadly, he still beat me :(
When the other group left, we let Kaleb go wherever and he only got hit once on the head with the ball (by Braydan). Don't worry mom, it wasn't that hard :)

9 comments:

Parker Family said...

That is so cute!!

Ashley said...

I feel the need for tennis too. We tried taking Thomas but he wouldn't stay on the empty court he always walked over to ours. I love the hot tub picture too. Thomas would be in seventh heaven, that's so fun you have one. Hope your garden is doing well. It's really warming up here. Oh, Jessica I can't comment without mentioning LOST, what the heck were they thinking making us wait a month for a new episode. So annoying!

KANDY said...

O.M.GOODNESS JESS.....SO CUTE!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD A HOT TUB! :) FUN! AND EVEN FUNNIER THAT YOU PUT A LIFE JACKET ON KALEB..HAHA!
TENNIS HUGH? JUST LET ME WATCH KALEB FOR YOU WHEN YOU NEED SOME GAME TIME WITH YOUR HUNNY BUNNY. I'D LOVE TO WATCH HIM, AND WE ARE JUST ACROSS FROM THE COURTS. WHERE ARE THE PICS FROM EASTER? YOU MISSED OUT ON A FABULOUS DINNER.....IT WAS TO DIE FOR. JESSE'S HOME MADE MASHED POTATOES AND GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WAS AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

he is so stinkin cute. keep him moving you guys are the best parents

symony said...

That is cute I can't believe you guys actually turned the hot tub on!!!!!! That is awsome! I am glad you decided to just get out there and play I am sure he had a lot of fun even if he is a little brain damaged now! ha ha ha jk I wish Josh liked to get out and do fun stuff like that! It is starting to get warm here so we can finally get outside!

Amber said...

Way cute pictures! We might have to take up tennis now ;).

RaeAnn said...

Super super cute pics Jess. I always wondered if a life jacket would melt in a hot tub. Now that I am typing that it seems like a silly thought...we require all parents to life jacket their kids on our boat, and it seems like you can never find one that fits for kids under three. They are either way too big or "straight jacket" like! Come to Boise to play tennis with us!!!

Emily said...

Those pictures are so great! I didn't know you guys like to play tennis, so do we! We'll have to challenge you to a match, but I am going to make you guys hold Miles and Kaleb to make it a fair game - we are terrible!

Parker Family said...

I didn't hear what you did for Easter, hunt? Anything? I am constantly checking your blog and you need to write more often.