Christmas Letter

Because I'm kinda a tree hugger (or just cheap), I decided to blog my christmas letter! Hope you all don't mind. I've never done one, so bear with me!

This year has been a whirlwind of change! I feel like we're different people from last January! Just to name a few major differences: we're no longer Utah residents, but Washingtonians! We're no longer poor college students, but poor house owners :) We're no longer childless, but w/ child. Wait, that sounds wrong. Anyway, we have a cute little 10 month old boy! We're no longer jobless, but professionals. (That's right, I'm a professional mommy). We're no longer one car people, but TWO! Hallelujah for that. And finally, although I'm sure there's more, we're bloggers! Ha, ha. Moving to a new state, buying our first home, having our first baby, and getting our degrees, all in a few months, was crazy and stressful, but somehow life stays busy still. But that's good or we'd be bored!

We've made some good friends here and Braydan is happy with his work as a geotechnical engineer. Thank goodness for those friends or I'd grumble about his long hours (i guess I still do sometimes). We both got called into the YW and YM, so it's fun being a part of activites and planning --makes us feel young again. Wait...we're not that old.

Kaleb is my life and light! He's what I dream about, obsess over and love to death. I'm in awe of everything he does, every little smile, funny gesture, attempts at talking, or even when he's dead asleep. Sometimes when I rock him, I hold him closer and feel terror that he's growing up too fast! I can't imagine my life without him!

I agreed in September to watch a 4 year old girl, Tori, during the days. She keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh. She's the only girl in her family, and the youngest, so I think she's struggled accepting Kaleb and sharing attention with him. It's getting better and she actually asked to hold him the other day! He didn't really like it, but I was all for it.

Well, I think that's it. I hope you're all enjoying this Christmas season and remember to come visit us sometime next year!
Love Jessica, Braydan and Kaleb

6 comments:

Saralyn said...

Thanks for the "letter." We probably won't even get around to sending out a Christmas email, so way to go!

Parker Family said...

That was a wonderful Christmas Letter the picture looks great! I still want a family picture sent to put in the scrapbook. If you want me to send a stamp I will. lol. We will have to figure out when we can come and visit Gavin loves play pull toys. Kaleb would be great for that. jk, Gavin is getting nicer! You are a wonderful blogger! I look forward to a new entry all the time.
Love Chris Helena & Gavin

Anonymous said...

good letter jesske, your english writing has come in handy and it is fun to read whatever you have to say. you summed it up quite nicely, thanks, its not like i don't know whats going on but somethings are just nice hearing like that. is your friend going to be home over the break, amber, or is she going to go somewhere? hope you'll have someone to visit with while braydan is working. take care, love ya

Anonymous said...

Well, we can tell who wrote the Christmas letter. Glad there is an English major in the family. Very descriptive adjectives that Jessica used in the family letter. For a second I thought you were w/child. But just for a second. Sounds as if Kaleb keeps you busy and happy. Too, Kaleb keeps you on your toes. Have a very Merry Christmas. Craig

Amber said...

I love your Christmas letter! You're writing is very entertaining and fun to read. I am SO grateful you guys moved to Washington. We couldn't ask for better friends and neighbors!!

Ashley said...

Man you guys did have a crazy year. How are you going to top it this year? I wish we could visit you sometime, I always get sad we didn't spend more time together while you were here, if only we were both stay at home moms back then! Hope you guys have a great Christmas. Miss ya!