A typical week

I feel like I haven't blogged about what's really going on here for a while!  We've been so busy with cleaning and showing the house that I haven't had time to write like I want to.  We accepted another offer and things have calmed down again, thankfully because this week we had no heater!  And Eliza got sick.

Anyway, here's some pictures of our week (or weeks past)  
Playing with Kaitlyn.  Can I just say that friends are such a blessing!  Growing up, play-dates were few and far between because we lived so far from everyone.  My siblings were my best friends (and worst enemies depending on the day).  Kaleb doesn't know how lucky he is to have so many neighborhood kids to play with during the week.
Kaleb always has interesting projects going on.  Can you guess this one?  We read all about spider nests and he wanted to make his own.  He got into my honey after this and drizzled it on to make the web sticky.

Another preschool week at our house!  I had camping theme, so we had fun setting up the big tent in the living room, eating smores and trail mix, singing hiking songs, and making some binoculars and bird feeders.  Kaleb bought some crickets and fish with his own money and had fun sharing them with the class (and freaking out the girls).

Catching naps where you can

Kaleb is so funny about the sun.  When it came out one day he ran and grabbed his toys and started playing in the driveway to enjoy it.

Lots of screaming and crying.  Not sure what this one is about now, but probably soap in his eyes

Silly faces

Eliza loves Addie and they dress up every time they're together.  

No heater for the week= lots of blankets and hats.  I learned that I get kind of cranky when I'm cold all day long.  It was 55 when we woke up every day.  It's so ironic that we used the last of our huge wood supply just as this happens!  I'm so lucky I have a husband that is smart and can fix stuff. The guy that came to look at it said it would cost $700 just for the little part.  Braydan found the part and fixed it for $200.  It just took a few days to do this . . . 

Park trips.  We try and go on a walk every day, even if it's short.  Kaleb learned how to ride his new big bike this weekend!  I need to take pictures!  He has to use the curb to get on it, but he is faster than me now.  I was so proud of him riding all the way to the library with me by himself.  We tried to move Eliza up to Kaleb's bike (with training wheels of course) but she cried after a few tries and said it's scary. 



Soccer games. He has practice every Thursday and games every Saturday.  He is so awesome!  He is the smallest on his team, but one of the fastest :-)  The first day he had his clothes all picked out on his bed and couldn't wait to go.  One time at kick-off, a little guy on his team was taking a while deciding where to kick.  Kaleb thought he was being helpful and ran up and kicked it right from under him!  The poor kid burst into tears and ran to his parents.  Kaleb and the rest of the team didn't even notice and the game got started full speed. 

7 comments:

The Barrett's said...

Thanks for more picture of hawaii. Loved the action kick of Kaleb. Thanks for posting and the phone calls. Love you

Amber said...

Ah, I so need pictures from you. Those are darling! great job capturing the little moments. =)

Sarah said...

Glad you posted. These are some fun memories and some cute photos. So sorry about your heat and sickness though. I guess life always has its down as well as ups.

Ashley said...

I cannot believe how long Eliza's hair is and you do it so cute. Congrats on another offer! I hope this one goes through, I cannot wait to have you living closer to use. It was fun to read your last days of Hawaii too. I have heard that drive to the top can really be hit or miss. Sounds like the weather is so different there in March compared to June when we went. Next time we'll have to go together. I am a wimpy snorkeler too, but do enjoy it.

Parker Family said...

What some fun pictures. We don't have neighbor friends to play with, but we can always meet at the park. Kaleb looks like he is doing great. I heard they have groups with far apart age groups. Brody and Gavin would not be able to compete on the same team.

mom said...

Loved the random pictures. Eliza looks older and her face thinner. Kaleb is getting so old with all his activities. I love his spider web and the inside shot of his mouth :)

Saralyn said...

I can't believe you guys have snow there still! And I don't know where I missed the update somewhere that you are moving. Good luck!