mini vacation


With Kaleb's birthday this month, valentines day, and Braydan not getting a Christmas vacation, we decided a trip to Great Wolf Lodge was in order. The Dyers, Bates, and Horkleys joined us in the fun.
Dyer girls racing to the pool
We were the first ones to arrive and headed straight for the water, but it took the kids a while to warm up. Actually, every time we went it took them a bit to get used to water spraying everywhere.



They both loved racing down the slides with their friends.

Kaleb ended up loving the wave pool the most. He thought it was so funny getting tossed around and telling us when to jump.
We all took turns watching the kids so we could ride the big slides. The tornado was our favorite again, by far.

I screamed so loud, especially if I went down backwards! Thursday night after swimming, I had major eye problems and went to bed early and missed all the games. So sad! But, Friday was better. I slept with my contacts in and oddly, that seemed to help my eyes. The Dyers brought their Nerf guns so we had fun having battles, arm wrestling, leg wrestling, thumb wars, and last but not least, ape index wars. Yes, Braydan and I are the perfect couple---if you count our ape index :)

Every time Eliza woke up, either from nap or bed, she immediately wanted her "swim swoot"on and she wasted no time in getting ready. Saturday was packed with people everywhere. Braydan and I agreed that we wouldn't come again until our kids could go on the big slides with us and not on a weekend! All in all it was a fun trip. Deep down though, I think I'm not cut out for vacations. I like being home in my own bed, no crowds, my own cooking, no expenses, no stress. My favorite part is visiting and playing games with my friends and that I can do at home. I must be CRAZY!

9 comments:

RaeAnn said...

That's what vacation is all about...wanting to go back home! I am glad you guys checked out that place...we have heard it was pretty cool.
I have missed your blog!

Ashley said...

I am glad to get home usually too, I too like hanging out with friends the most. You're games sound pretty interesting! Vacations are good because they refresh me for a month or two back home! Looks like such a fun place. We've been thinking about going...

Parker Family said...

That looks way fun. But I agree it can be hard to go on vacations with kids.

Amber said...

You are so awesome for heading up such on awesome trip. It was a blast. Do you have it on your calendar in 4 years? I do =).

Brittany Mangelson said...

Jess.. Eliza looks just like you!! It's kinda crazy!! I know kids are supposed to look like their parents but it's just amazing when they actually do. It sounds like you had fun. We need to go on a vacation too. Shaun has Monday have so we are thinking about going somehwhere! :-) But it is nice to stay in your own bed!

Matt Bettilyon said...

looks like a blast! Happy Valentines, Christmas and Birthday. :) Thanks for inviting us, hopefully next time we can sneak away.

mom said...

Eliza looks so cute! Kaleb is cute in the water pictures. Lucky birthday boy. That slide looks awesome! I know exactly how you feel about just staying home.

angel said...

What a fun time! Thanks for the fun posts to read. I love to check in when I get the chance. -- Sara

The Barrett's said...

Thanks for posting your trip. Looks like a great time.