It's hard being 3


I'm going to take a break from blogging about camping trips and catch up on the kids! Here's a compilation of random things about them.

Kaleb spends much of his life in timeout lately :) As he's stomping upstairs, he'll yell something like, "I don't like you Mom" or "you're not being nice" and then slam the door. However, when he comes back down, it's as if nothing happened. He has a big smile on his face and he'll go back to playing.
He calls Eliza "Babe." The other day my friend asked him, "Who's babe?" Kaleb pointed to Eliza and said, "Her, you silly goose!"

Every morning Kaleb asks, "Dad went to work?" I'll nod. Then he''ll say, "He went to get money to buy robots?" I usually just nod again, but sometimes I'll try and explain that he doesn't just go to work for robot money, but to pay for our food, house, clothes, etc. But. . . it doesn't really matter what I say because in his head, Dad's at work to earn money for robots.

He loves the BBC series Life.

He could watch the reptile and insect ones over and over. I love when he acts out what he just saw with his toys. Like today he watched these vultures drop bones while flying hundreds of feet over cliffs so they can suck the marrow out more effectively. So, later with his toy parrot I sa
w him put leggos in the talons and fly around and drop them so they'll break.

He also loves to play games on Starfall.com. He is really good at clicking the arrows and letters all by himself. Every time they say a sound, he repeats it.


Eliza loves her baby and it melts my heart to see her rock, sing, dress, wrap up, and feed her baby.
She even talks in a higher-pitch to her baby. LOL! (I'll have to add pictures later)

Ever since we got out the potty seat, she runs to sit on it when I change her diaper. So far I've yet to see anything go in the potty, but she thinks it's pretty fun to sit there and look cute. After she's "done," she'll look in the toilet and say, "Ew gross!" And then shut the lid and say, "yay!" like she's done something.

Kaleb sure likes to pick on her. Like today I watched him purposely stand on her blanket as she's walking away. When she noticed, she tried to pull it, but gave up and started crying. The whole time he had a big grin on his face. She needs to wear her armor more often!



I used to love cooking with Kaleb, but now with two, they fight too much. Even if I get them both a stool or a chair, Kaleb will step on her chair or she'll want to mix something like him and pretty soon they're pushing and hitting.

Yesterday Kaleb saw a bag of Halloween candy I got and looked longingly at it. Finally he asked, "Mom, how many more minutes till Halloween?"

He's liking preschool I think. He fights me to get dressed and get in the car and get his backpack on, shoes, etc., but I think that's just because I want him to do those things. They're learning about farms so last week a goat came to their class. He liked that. He loves the pizza and shark song they learned one day.


9 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man, Kaleb is quite the character it seems. He sounds so smart, and very normal with the teasing to me. I love that Eliza plays with her baby so much. That's so adorable@

RaeAnn said...

getting so big, so fast!
Hey, did I tell you that Paul's bro and family moved to Monroe? I'm not sure how many wards are there, but if you run into Arnesens, they are almost as cool as your cousin! Well, at least her husband.

mom said...

So fun to see the video's! Kaleb is so smart to know the words and sing it so cute. Pretty cute watching them both play baseball :)
so your guest bed is the trampoline now? No wonder it is so lumpy. I liked hearing all about them and what they say and do now. Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

LOL! I love those videos. So cute!!! I need to take more videos. Your kids are so dang cute!!! Even when they are in trouble. I like them.
I am really happy we are going climbing tomorrow night. =) Can't wait.

auntie lisha said...

love this blog! he sang the song perfectly btw-love tha one :)

Nielsen6 said...

Cute kids! I've decided that if I don't get at least one "you're the meanest mom" everyday, then I'm just not doing my job!

Matt Bettilyon said...

Thanks for some funny stories. Makes me feel much more normal with my kids. There are many days that Asia hasn't loved me...

Parker Family said...

What cute blogs. I noticed Braydan calls Eliza Babe in the video. I love all the pictures. That is nice your ward makes dinner we always have to bring our own dinner.

symony said...

man I missed the best post! I have the cutest niece and nephew, sure wish I could see them more! Love the videos! Cheyane pickes on the kids like Kaleb! Kaleb sure is cute in his curch clothes! Love eliza's curly hair!