Resurrected Squirrel

A few days ago I was driving fast and ran over a squirrel. I saw it crossing, but I thought I could beat him. I felt the thump as the tire went over him! Poor thing. Kaleb was in the car and heard me apologize to the squirrel. He always asks a million questions so I had to explain what I did.

Anyway, today he was eating breakfast and suddenly he was screaming, "Mom, Mom look! It's a squirrel!"

I humored him and went and looked out the window.

Kaleb turned and hugged me excitedly, "you didn't squish him with the car! He's okay!"

It was so funny that I couldn't tell him the truth :)

6 comments:

Amber said...

LOL!! I don't think I would have had the heart to tell him the sad truth either. Gloria would be proud of your driving skills. You should tell her =).

mom said...

oh ..........Kaleb is so smart and aware!

The Barrett's said...

That was great! Love it!

Matt Bettilyon said...

yay! It's a miracle, you got rid of a pest and you didn't get in trouble from your kids.

Parker Family said...

Love the story.

alisha said...

thats a good one :)