Sunny Saturdays





I know . . . I know. I always write about the weekends. Do I do anything in the week? Yes, but it's not that exciting: endless loads of laundry, dishes, cooking, and cleaning. Actually, cooking is pretty exciting to me, but I'm not to the point where I want to devote a blog to it. Maybe someday (I really love My Kitchen Cafe right now). There's also playing with the kids, park trips, VT, enrichment, primary meetings, shopping, running, piano, gardening, play dates . . . But that about sums it up.

So, on to our sunny Saturday. Here was my list for the day 1. teach piano 2. Garage sales! 3. Lake Stevens 4. Asian Spice 5. Stake Conference 6. Prison Break

Okay, this is going to sound awful, but it's honest at least. We accomplished all but stake conference! I know! Braydan has been gone the last 2 weekends and he will be gone next weekend again, so we rebelled and stayed at the lake until we got hungry. I felt guilty after, especially watching prison break after the kids went to bed (talk about night and day to stake conference!), but I got my punishment. I couldn't sleep that night because I was so scared from the show! I decided I can't watch it anymore. Braydan likes it because the main character is an engineer. Can someone just tell me how it ends?

I have to add some funny Kaleb liners:

1. I was trying to hurry and finish dinner one day and he and his stool were in my way. I impatiently said, "will you please scoot over son?"

He quickly responded, "I'm not a son! I'm perfect!"

2. Every night before he goes to bed, he instructs me not to clean up his "robots." Most of the time I ignore him, but one day I didn't. He came downstairs in the morning and almost screamed with delight, "Mom! Good job not cleaning up my bad guys!"

3. A few days after Kaleb's 3 year old check up (where he got a sucker for shots) he was trying to get my attention but I obviously wasn't listening fast enough because he suddenly said, "Mom! I'll give you a sucker if you watch this."

4. We have salad a lot and I just about gave up getting Kaleb to try some, but one day he surprised us all when he shouted, "Mom, Dad! I ate some salad! It tastes like ice cream I think!

5. And finally (my favorite) he randomly said one day, "Mom, you're my best friend."

8 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, that boy makes me laugh!!! I am really happy you write these down. =) Looks like a lovely Saturday!

shandikimille said...

wow you are a busy busy lady! Kaleb is too cute, I think at this age their little comments are what make them so cute! chase often bribes me with candy as well and reminds me that he will send me to time out if I don't listen to him! wow I didn't think you would watch a show like prison break! Travis as I watched all of the seasons and you will just have to watch how it ends : ) It's a pretty good show.

Ashley Wray said...

Don't you love that cooking blog? I've even had some friend mention it to me, and I feel really special to say that I actually know Melanie and she's from my hometown-very cool! Your weeks vs weekends sound like ours, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Your little boy sounds like a crack up, too cute!

Ashley said...

Haha, Kaleb is hillarious. Don't worry I think it's pretty normal that weeks are pretty routine and most of the exciting stuff happens on the weekends:-) Prison Break is so great, don't stop watching. The 2nd season isn't great, but the next ones get better. So you can sleep at night, just stop the episodes in the middle at a non intense part. haha

symony said...

Jelious it is warm enough to play at the beach! Love the saying from kaleb he is so cute! Remi says "I sooo lobe you" It almost makes me cry everytime! I wish I got treats if I listened to my kids ha ha ha

RaeAnn said...

I hear ya on prison break--so good but so intense. I only made it through the first half of season one. I definitely want to stay on this side of those bars if you know what I mean!

Matt Bettilyon said...

great comments! Next time I leave clutter around I'll try to think of Kaleb's congratulatory greeting in the morning to make myself feel better.

mom said...

Eliza looks so much older and thinner. kaleb says the cutest things! I still think he is extra smart.
Prison break tv over stake conference! What kind of daughter did I raise?