The Wedding



I guess I better back up before I get to the good stuff. I had a nice peaceful week with Mom before everything got busy. She got sick after I did, not strep but felt lousy. Thursday morning we did a Costco run to get all the food for the brunch. I feel bad cause I made her buy way more food than we needed. whoops. We spent the rest of the day cleaning and getting ready for company. Dad and Alisha arrived Thursday evening, just in time to drive up north to have dinner with Kara's family. It was kinda like Meet the Parents all over again. I don't think our family can go anywhere without doing something embarrassing. Friday morning we (the girls) cooked all the food, did errands (dry cleaners, etc.), played games, and soaked our tired selves in the hot tub that night. I couldn't sleep because I was so excited. I like weddings. We had to be out the door at 8:30 the next morning so there was lots of running around, especially collecting our food from all the neighbors' fridges.

As you'll notice, Eliza got held by everyone :)
The brunch turned out fine (thanks to all my aunts/uncles/cousins help) and I benefited from all the food left over :) (sorry mom). We had a short time in between the brunch and wedding, so I impulsively went with my Aunt Jan and Steve and Ginger to find a gift for Josh at the Bellevue mall. I felt guilty as we drove away leaving Braydan with the kids and Mom with lots to do, but I'll blame it on Alisha. She makes me do crazy things . We found Josh a present and raced back to the temple. I was slightly worried we'd miss the sealing, but we made it.

It was a beautiful sunny day, but I felt like everyone was squinting or in deep shadows. I love family pictures. We had lots of laughs later looking at all the bad ones.
Next we headed back to our house to unload stuff then drove up to Mount Vernon for the reception.
I liked how the reception "events" moved along fast.
We were never bored waiting for the next thing (I think someone was eager to get out of there.)

I caught these two smooching behind the brides back
The tulip festival was in full swing so we got stuck in traffic on a Saturday night coming home! Weird. What a full/exhausting/fun day. I can see why people like to do the reception the next day. Especially with little kids. Kaleb had a hard day.
Poor guy wasn't the center of the universe for once :)

7 comments:

Ashley said...

oh I have been anxious to see these. So sad I couldn't have been there! But it looked like it was a beautiful day, and the family picture is so great. You dad and Josh make everyone look like shorties:-) I'm glad you had fun with everyone too, you look great! PS- my sunglasses were just from a kiosk at the mall, not sure of the brand.

Nielsen6 said...

I love the pic of Josh and Eliza! It looks like the wedding day was beautiful and Josh looks very happy!

symony said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding!

Parker Family said...

The pictures are great. It looks like a nice wedding with lots of great leftovers.

shandikimille said...

Good job on that first picture! I like it! Jessica the wedding photographer??? haha, I can see that happening! looks like you guys had a fun easter too! this reminds me how far behind I am on my blog posts...

alisha said...

good write up sis, you got it all in there, love the picts u picked:)

Amber said...

What in the world are you talking about???? That first picture is AMAZING!!!! seriously so incredibly cool. i love everything about it!