Recital

This last Saturday I had a spring recital for my piano students. I'm sad I forgot my camera, but maybe I can get some pictures from other people there. I had it a local nursing home, which was a little different than the Christmas one---bigger audience and better purpose :) I was so proud of all of them. I have 8 students now and almost all of them memorized their songs! None of them seemed nervous and I kept thinking "it's not fair!" I remember being so nervous that I would get sick! Even getting up in front of everyone this Saturday I was nervous!

I came home feeling tired and weird. It got worse all day and I finally went to the doctor. I came home with strep again! So annoying! I don't know if I just didn't kill it off the first time or if I actually caught it again in the same month or what, but it was a lame Saturday after that. Monday was a really beautiful day and the kids had fun playing outside.



Eliza said "no" for the first time today. She loves to dance and read books. She loves books about animals especially. I think it's funny her vocab is limited, but she can say "shoe, pretty, and bow"---essential words if you ask me.

Kaleb has moved from dinosaurs to robots now. He wrote Santa a letter drawing pictures of robots that he wants. He finally plays with our Lego blocks and builds "robots" with them. However, I really liked the dinosaurs better. He gets so frustrated when his robots break or when he can't get a piece in. All day long I hear, "this is so annoying!" or "I can't get this dumb thing in!" Hmmm...I wonder where he gets those sentiments?

I'm kinda worried about him with his skin. He looks like a vampire half the time with dark circles under his eyes and a rash around his nose and mouth. I know he's allergic to something, but don't know what to do. Poor guy! If he wasn't my child, I'd think he was sleep deprived!

9 comments:

symony said...

Your kids are so cute! sorry you got sick again no fun I never knew you did recitals that is really fun!

Ashley said...

Man, I am sorry you got sick AGAIN! Strep is the worst, and being a sick mom is terrible because there is no break. I hope you feel better soon. I don't know about Kalebs rash, so strange but allergies seems right? I didn't even know you had so many piano students. That's so awesome, glad the recital went so well.

Parker Family said...

The pictures are very cute. Gavin has the worse allergys right now. The pollen is high now. It is so "annoying". Hopefully you and him feel better soon.

shandikimille said...

chase gets the dark circles under his eyes when he doesn't sleep well at night, and he gets a rash around his mouth from drooling when he is sleeping haha. I hope you feel better soon! strep is no fun! Love the pictures, especially Eliza's chubby little legs!

Amber said...

Awesome pictures. And I love the updates on the kids. I can't believe that is the first time Eliza has said no. That is Addie's favorite word.

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better now! Thanks for the pics.Things here are finally warming up and it rains instead of snows!! Its fun and sobering when we see ourselves come out in the kids!

The Barrett's said...

That's great you had the recital at a nursing home. I bet the people loved it. I'm amazed when people (kids) do not seem nervous either.
My sister told me that dark circles under the eyes are allergies. I've been tested for the most common types, and tests come back no allergies. There are so many to test for and each one cost $$. Good luck, Love, ya, Marla

mom said...

well, now we know Kalebs problem keep an eye on Eliza! they look so cute outside with the hose.

alisha said...

i had no idea you had that many piano students, no wonder you go shopping so often :) i didn't like recitals either, funny your making kids do it now ! haha take care of yourself now. love you