
We had a great Thanksgiving! In the morning the boys (Josh and Braydan) got up early and played football at the annual Turkey Bowl at the high school. They came home dirty and hungry. Josh had a big shiner on his cheek from taking some poor soul down. We started up the pies after and cooked and hung out till we went over to the Dyers for dinner. Josh ate with Kara's family first and then joined us later for pies. So our feast was oh so delicious. I'm smart cause I'm good friends with two of the best chefs around.We played games until late and had lots of fun.
The next day Braydan and Josh let me go shopping in the morning. I didn't get too serious about it cause I left at 9. We said goodbye to Josh when I got home and got ready to go find our Christmas Tree!
Even though I've lived here a few years, I'm still not used to all the Christmas Tree farms! They're everywhere! Maybe we would've had real trees growing up if we lived here :) The Dyers knew a good spot for some (cheaper than last year) so we headed to Granite Falls. It was a beautiful crisp day for finding trees. Braydan saw a tree with two tops and thought it would be funny, but I said no at first. After walking around a while, I decided we should just get it cause it's kinda cool.

I had to buy an extra star, but I like it :)
The Dyers came out the forest with a huge tree and everyone teased them about it :) Our tree is the little one inside, and they have the one on top.
We warmed up with hot cocoa after.

And came home to decorate.

Now if I can just keep Eliza away from it!
10 comments:
That sounds like a nice thanksgiving weekend. I think the two stars on top is cute.
What a fun time. It's always a good idea to split up the cooking for sure! I love the tree, that's so fun to cut your own. Thanks for your address, christmas card in the mail:-)
Thanks for an awesome weekend!!! I don't know what we would do without the DuRee's. We love spending time with you! Thanks for all the yummy food!
It has been so long since I commented! I love the updates and I want to visit you too! Dang those arnesens for taking up all of our time every trip. I must say I was hoping for a recipe for that most amazing looking pie!!!
The two stars are cute! looks yummy!
Your pies look delish, and cute kids and tree : ) We were thinking about getting a real one this year just for the smell, but I don't want to clean up pine needles. . . lame I know ha ha. Oh and we still don't have our tree up, or any decorations, I am slackin!
I was slow at looking at all your posts. It was wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Glad Josh finally made it to you home. Sounds like a great time. Loved all the pictures and videos. Pies did look great. Miss you, Marla
Yum! Very impressive pies! My dad is trying to get a hold of you, can you call him? 5097272443. Thanks!
leave it to you guys to get a 2 topped tree. Looks cozy and cute with Kaleb sitting there. Good luck with keeping Eliza away from pulling everything off. That is why we had little trees on the table when you and siblings were little.
i like your tradition of going out and getting a real one. i love the smell of em! Fun times over there. beautiful tree or trees!?
Post a Comment