Christmas


We had a great Christmas this year, despite not having any snow :( Christmas eve we had fun making treats to take to friends and neighbors. Kaleb and Eliza actually played nice together while we were cooking.
That night we went to the Noble's house for dinner. They are such a nice family. Diana wouldn't let me clean up and she got us all gifts.
We went home late and hung our stockings and did a nativity lesson. When we asked Kaleb who the baby in the manger was, he said, "Santa!"

Christmas morning we were all awake at 5 with Kaleb screaming. He had his first real nightmare. I went in his room and his whole body was shaking. He said, "the scary owls are in my room!" Mom asked me later if I let him watch Harry Potter :) Ha, ha Mom. I don't know where he got the owl idea. We tried to sleep in till 8, but gave up at 7 and came down. Kaleb was so excited about every one's presents. He thought they were all dinosaurs. When he unwrapped a box of cereal, he shook it and still thought it was a dinosaur. When I finally convinced him it wasn't, he tossed it aside.
When we ask him how many dinosaurs he got, he thinks about it for a minute and says, "I have LOTS!" It's like he knows it's too much work to count that high :)

Eliza had fun crawling around and eating what she could find :)
I got really spoiled this year. All month Braydan's had a couple packages wrapped that I could not guess. One of them was 3 bound books he put together of all my blogs from the past 3 years. He said he printed over 800 pages! All the pictures are in there and everything. I couldn't believe it, as you can see by my face :) It must have taken hours. I remember telling him a while back that my blog is part of my journal and asked him what would happen if I lost it. Well, I don't have to worry so much now. I also got another huge present: new skis and boots! Braydan only wrapped my boots and bindings and hid the actual skis, so I didn't see that coming AT ALL! I love them, but I think sometimes Braydan sees me as the same crazy college girl that did all that outdoor stuff, but now I'm content to stay home with my kids. I know he's right, however. I do need to get out and have fun sometimes, so I'm going to try and put my nice present to good use.


Braydan got lots of outdoor stuff (go figure) like new hiking boots, new beanie, backpacking meals, water bottle, cool watch, and jeans. I also got him one thing unexpected: the Hunger Game books. He already finished reading the first one :)

After presents, we ate delicious gingerbread waffles with light lemon cream topping. I love this blog my sister-in-law told me about (realmomkitchen.com). I think I make at least one thing off there every day. This was one of her recipes. Mmmmmmm.......We started a fire after and burned all our Christmas wrapping. The kids love watching Braydan chop the wood :)
We talked to our families on the web cam and then Christmas night we went to the Bettilyons and there were 33 people there! It was lots of fun and good food. Kaleb had the best time running around with all the other kids :) Here's just a few of the kids there. I love how Katie is mysteriously missing her skirt? :)

Now we're looking forward to our trip to Arizona! I better get packing cause we fly out Monday!

9 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like a great day. I am going to try that new website. I also got Kimberly Hunger Games, and I think Ashley got it for Brett. YOu should read my next book club choice with me: THE HELP. Santa just delivered it!!

mom and Alisha said...

Oh, looks like fun and we just wish we were there to play with them! and eat your waffles for breakfast:) Thanks for sharing the good pictures of you all with your gifts. I'll babysit when you need to go skiing.

DuRee Family said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! Kaleb sure does love Dinosaurs! That's awesome that Braydan printed out all of your blogging and put them in nice books! what a good idea!

Carla said...

Merry Christmas! - Little late sorry :) It looks like you guys had a wonderful time and Im so happy you look like your doing better - but remember to give me a call if you ever need anything. I hope you are having a wonderful time in AZ soaking up all the warm weather

love ya

Ashley said...

Yummm...those waffles look yummy, and I am glad you had a good christmas. The skis and blog book are so thoughtful and nice. What a great hubby you have. I hope you have fun in warm AZ, JEALOUS Miss you!

symony said...

looks like fun I can't believe how big eliza is getting! Great job braydan those are all great gifts!

Parker Family said...

Got to see your blog. Your Christmas looks like lots of fun. You and Braydan got spoiled.

S&J Jones Family said...

Yikes! I have missed out on so many updates! What a thoughtful gift from your husband! I am working on trying to do the same for our family...even though I haven't been so good at keeping up on mine lately. Isn't funny how much we change when we become mothers? I do miss my adventurous outdoorsy self (like you said you used to be) but I love being a mother. I wish I could have a good helping of both but I certainly love staying at home with my boys.

KyleandAmanda said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! Your waffles look delicious. I am going to have to check out that food blog.