I've been meaning to update about my kids. I'll start with Eliza since she's changing fast.
(Feel free to skip this post cause it's long and mostly for me :) (and grandmas :)
ELIZA

Well first off, we've been calling her Lu Lu. I think it started with me calling her Eliza Lu, and then I just shortened it to Lu Lu. I keep trying to catch myself because her middle name is Susan!! I want a nickname with that, like Eli Sue, but I'll have to work on it. Eliza's 10 months now and is such a funny butter ball.

She knows how to crawl, but will only do so on the tile or hard floors. Once she's on carpet, she plops down on her belly. It's like her princess tummy can't touch anything but soft carpet :) She figured out that dropping food off her tray is hilarious. .She loves Kaleb so much (i don't know why........more on that later...) and is so happy to see him every morning. She always wants to be by him and play with him. She LOVES the bath. She gets really fussy if I don't give her one after dinner every day. When I'm turning the water on, she practically squirms out of my lap to get down in that water :) She learned how to stand up in her crib and on every thing.

. She eats twice as much as Kaleb. I almost laughed at her doctor appointment when Doc said she could start eating non-pureed food. I wanted to say... uh..she has been for months now, but I held my tongue :) I don't know how she does it with her one little tooth.

She's still nursing lots too, but is so impatient about it. If my milk doesn't come in within the first second, she's like, "see ya!"I'm excited to cut her off in two months :) She loves playing peekaboo and still loves her fingers for comfort.
Her funniest thing lately is this noise she makes with her lips. It sounds like a kiss but looks like she just ate something sour :)
Kaleb
I love my Kaleb too. We just have our moments lately! Like this last week I had a baby shower/play date at my house and he embarrassed me a lot. He threw toys, took toys away
from other kids, whined and cried for candy, crashed his truck into somebody...... It's hard when other mom's are watching how you're going to handle the situation. Usually I do timeout, but that's not really helping him improve. He picks on Eliza constantly.
I'll put her on the floor by him and I can't even turn around for a couple minutes before she's crying because he did something to her. He rips toys away from her, pushes her, pinches her. I don't know how to punish him for it! Any suggestions? I know he's jealous but I try really hard to give them the same attention. He's not always horrible. He's so good at going potty now. No diapers or pull ups for the last month now. He wakes up at about 11 pm to go potty and then that's it! He's really into dinosaurs still and gets me to play sometimes.

The other day I was changing his shirt and it pulled on his ears hard. He's like, "Mom, you're so annoying!" I was like, "excuse me?" Dinner time has become my least favorite time of day with him. Most everything I make he won't eat and asks for help. I don't have any patience and say, "fine, go to bed." But Braydan is nice and feeds him like he's a baby. Okay, this is sounding really negative.
Postive......ummmm....he's seriously a pyromaniac. Braydan's done a couple fires since it got cold and he was in heaven. We play a "letter game" every day and he's starting to recognize most of his letters. He really likes "W!" When we read to him now, we let him fill in a lot of the words. It's amazing sometimes how much he remembers, but of course it helps when words rhyme :) The other day he was playing on the piano and I asked him what he was playing. He said, "I'm doing piano lessons." He's my best helper with cooking still (my only helper)
He seriously knows my whole wheat bread recipe from memory. I asked him what we do first. He yelled, "water!" Then I asked what's next and he said, "salt"..... and so on through all the ingredients. Funny kid. Maybe he'll be a chef. Oh yeah.. one more thing he loves: hide and seek. For FHE one night we played for an hour straight and he would've gone for another 2! I don't know who told him about ghosts, but he talks about ghosts a lot. It's not a scary subject yet. He'll just say, "I heard a ghost upstairs!" I'll say, "really?" Then he'll say, "Yeah, let's go get him!" Makes me think he might have a six sense! ha, ha.
7 comments:
Thanks for being so good to show and tell. Seeing Eliza and how much she has changed just since we were there made me cry. I miss her and Kaleb sooo much. I know you spend lots of time with Kaleb so don't understand why he is being mean to LuLu. Just keep her safe!
Oh man they're both so cute and sweet. Kaleb is starting to be one smart little boy. I remember going through a few hard months with thomas, but since his 3rd birthday he has been a different kid. It'll come I am sure:-) Thanks for the update, I love learning about those two!
Great post! Its been a while since we had a good kid post! they are getting so big. Well I think all bigger bros and sisters are little stinkers to their younger ones but maybe time out will be good for him? good luck I love that you let him help you cook, its a lot of work!
Jess you are such a good blogger! Kaleb sounds just like Chase, I think part of it is the age? Its like a rebellious stage where they can't help but be bad, and they know its wrong and they know they will get in trouble, but do it anyway! very frustrating! They say terrible twos? no way I think its more Like terrible threes and Fours! Chase was saying things about Ghosts upstairs too how funny, I don't know where he heard that from? Poor Elisa getting picked on by her big brother! (that's what brothers are for right?)
beautifully written. I love the post. That is awesome for him to recognize all the letters. WOW! And good job and letting him help you cook. YOu are an amazing mom and example to me!
So I just wrote you on facebook, but I thought I'd comment. This all sounds sooo familiar. My oldest, Rylee, can be so mean to my little Reese. They are either the best of friends, or the worst of enemies. It gets better with age, they are both a little older than your kids, so give it a few more months and I'm sure he'll grow out of it! Hang in there! They are both so cute, and I love your table that you re-did aling with all your cute garage sale finds. It looks like you've got a knack for that sort of thing. Anyways, fun to "run" into you!
Thats a fun post I love to hear how the kids are doing. Don't worry about Kaleb I am sure it is just the age. Gavin was much worse I just delt with it. Now he is pretty good in public but alone at home is not good. I complain about him and everyone says I never see it he is so good then I laugh. Eliza is so cute I am sure the nicknames will come and go I used to call Gavin Baby forever well until Brody came then it changed to bud. Eliza will probably have lots of different nicknames. Both the kids are super cute I love seeing what they are doing.
Post a Comment