Carla Comes a' Calling




So this last week, my OLD friend (she's really old, like 26 :) Carla Foggin, came up to see us from Portland. It's been a few years since we've seen each other so it was fun to catch up! I think I quizzed her ear off about the past 3 years. On Friday we went to the mall and she talked me into getting the makeup Bare Minerals. Anybody heard of it? It was fun getting pampered cause she walked with the kids while I got a makeover. Maybe I'll actually wear makeup now. We came home and made cookies and played games till it was time to go to NEW MOON. I didn't really like the last one, but I'm glad I went. I think the theater was full of 14 year old girls. Everytime Jacob came on with his shirt off, everyone was screaming "OH MY GOSH, he's so hot!" I laughed a lot, especially at all the awkward love parts. Saturday I knew we needed to do something Carla style, so we went kayaking to Jetty Island.
I had to use Braydan's work vest and it's kinda hot don't you think? I had like 4 layers of coats under the rain coat :)
She's like a professional kayker, so I'm sure my kayaks were pretty sad to her, but it was still an adventure.
It was freezing cold for one. For two, I was kinda scared, especially cause the current kept taking me down stream.
But we made it! We didn't explore much cause I couldn't feel my nose.
So that's Carla out there, and that's where I'm supposed to be, but I kept getting carried further down stream. Whoops.

We went to my favorite Chinese place after and said our goodbyes. Thank you so much for driving all the way up here Carla! You better come back and visit again!

6 comments:

Carla said...

jess! it was so nice to see you and your family this last weekend! I had a really good time catching up with you. Your a wonderful mom! and I love to watch you with your kids. Next time you should come down to Portland :)
Peace and love my friend!

shandikimille said...

ha ha well Chase is sitting here looking at the blogs with me and he saw the first picture of you and carla and pointed to you jess and said "is that you mom?" I guess we are twins! (to chase anyway)

Ashley said...

Oh man that is so neat that two got together and had a great girls weekend. I do think you look pretty hot in that picture with the vest. And oh man I am excited for New mooN! Miss you. There is a chance we might be coming to Seattle in the middle of DEc. fingers crossed!!

Amber said...

How fun! I want to go play! When are we going to go shopping and make cookies??? Soon right!?!

mom said...

Hi Carla! You look good! Looks like some fun girl times.

S&J Jones Family said...

I want some visitors!! :D