Mom and Dad Visit

Well, we just had a fun visit from Mom and Dad Smith. They drove in last Tuesday night and left this Tuesday. It was lots of crazy, busy fun. I really can't remember all we did, but thank goodness for my camera to help me.
Braydan's birthday was Sunday, so we got to celebrate all together. He requested lots of pies instead of cake. Good thing Mom was here for that. He got lots of presents too (mostly from himself). Before his birthday he bought a sander and an air compressor.

Mom and Dad were great help with the kids. They helped feed them, dress them, play with them, nap them . . . . .
We went on some walks whenever the sun came out. Mom dressed Eliza up like this every time (and then kept it on her cause they thought the house was freezing :)
Friday was a busy day. Dad and Mom took Kaleb to the Children's Museum and let me shop by myself :) Then we met Braydan for lunch down-town and got to meet Bob and see his office. I've only done that a few times before. The rest of the day we devoted to canning apples. Mom brought 3 boxes from home! We had a good system down. Mostly I watched and kept the kids out of the way, while they all worked :) We got 28 quarts. I bet that will last my kids 28 days.
Dad also worked hard on chopping up the tree we cut down.
One morning Dad took Kaleb to the reptile zoo. The lady got a little boa snake out for Kaleb to hold, but he wouldn't do it.

Saturday was our relief society Super Saturday. I signed up Mom and I for almost every class! I made a tu-tu for Eliza. Mom made this awesome reversible cape for Kaleb. I taught a nursing cover class (to one person). I made some presents for Alisha. And mom made this plaque for me. It was a fun day without kids. It was amazing how much I could get done :)

We also had an early Christmas party since we won't be with them this year. They got us a new vacuum! At first I was like what? But our old one was bad so it's awesome to have one that actually has attachments! Sweet. I've vacuumed every day since I got it :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think the last few of your photos actually posted but it looks like you had fun! I am glad you have an awesome mom and dad, mine would never do that if we moved away. Looks like you had a blast! Did you know Brandon and Desiree Vaughn? They live up there in Seattle some where . . . they are having their first baby in March, just thought I'd share!

Ashley said...

So awesome. It always goes too fast, but it looks like you put them to good work! Way to go on canning. Such a big job. Happy late birthday to Braydan. Those are exactly what Nolan wants for his birhtday. And way to go on the enrichment prjects. They look great.

KyleandAmanda said...

What a fun visit! I love all your crafts from Enrichment. That is such a awesome idea!

mom said...

I'm glad you took pictures too! Helps me remember what we did too. It was so fun to be there and spend time with you all. You are a awesome cook, mother, daughter, decorator, wife, and friend to all. thanks!

Elena said...

Sounds like so much fun! I miss your family a lot! What a great thing it is to have mom and dad's help! When my mom is sick or out of town for a couple of weeks, I think I am going to go crazy because I need her help and a break from the kids! Love the pictures, especially the tutu and cape one!

RaeAnn said...

Great pics...especially of your pretty mama! Looks like a wonderful time...maybe we should hang out next time I am in Seattle? hmm...

Alisha said...

Fun, im glad they made the trip :) i got to know the cows better here!

Parker Family said...

What a wonderful mom and dad you have. You look very skinny in your tutu picture are you losing weight, while I am gaining? Your crafts turned out very cute. Good job on 28 quarts that had to take forever. I only did 12 and it seriously took me all day. I bet that is is freezing there. We are freezing and our house only gets down to 71. I dress the kids like that in the mornings when it is so cold.

Amber said...

It was really fun to meet your parents. They are super fun.