Sweet Summer

This past weekend was the "Northwests Largest Garage Sale" right down the road at the fairgrounds. I was so excited that I think I had dreams about it the night before :) I went with some friends and had fun looking around, but didn't get much there. I got more stuff just at some neighborhood garage sales. I got Kaleb the coolest toys, but I was proud of myself because I resisted the urge to give it to him right away and hid it for Christmas presents. We'll see if I keep them hidden :) I love the different side of me that comes out when I go. I'm usually kinda shy with people, but I actually haggle! I never used to, but now I ask for less on almost everything, and 90% of the time they give it to me for what I ask! Sweet. I must have really got ripped off in previous years, but all well.

Anyway, I kinda went off on a tangent on that (dangerous subject for me), but we had fun later going to Al Borlin park and roasting tin foils and marshmallows with the Bettilyons. Bringing more wood for the "fire"

Braydan took Kaleb early to start the fire and by the time I got there, Kaleb's face was beet red from working so hard by the hot fire :) He couldn't get enough of it.
He also had fun chasing Asia and annoying her which her parents thought was pretty amusing. As Kaleb's running around, he kept repeating, "I'm going to get you Alisha!" He really misses my sister!

Taking a break from his "long" walk :)

Learning the art of marshmallow roasting

Matt serenaded us on his guitar and we had fun visiting. Doesn't everyone just love summer?

11 comments:

symony said...

I love the picture of kaleb on the log! Sounds like fun! I am proud of you for being a haggler!!! way to go, I knew you had it in you! Miss you guys! look for a package in the mail soon!

Parker Family said...

That looks like so much fun.

shandikimille said...

I do! I am seriously thinking about moving down south because I am starting to hate the snow and the rain! I'd rather have a pool for a backyard I think?! maybe one day we will move. . .

Amber said...

I love it. Next time we are not missing out on a good tin foil dinner with the DuRee's. That looked like a lot of fun.

Ashley said...

Oh man I wish we could have made it for the city wide garage sale. I just love those things, but would need your help with the haggling process. Cute pictures, glad you could get out and Kaleb is loving the outdoors just like his parents.

Sheraden Kimball said...

How cute! I love how he called Asia, Alisha. She has to come up here and visit! Where is that place anyway...do they let people camp there overnight??
Love ya,
Sheraden

Sheraden Kimball said...

PS I know it is Al Borlin park but where is Al Borlin park in the state, or is it even in the state?

KANDY said...

Where was our invitation???? ;0
Grew up with tin foil dinners...love em!

mom said...

I just laugh when I see Kaleb packing around that red "pack pack". Does he ever take it off? Maybe he will be a fire fighter some day. What is Eliza doing all those times?

Barrett said...

I need copies of the two picture of Kaleb. Running and resting. What a cute little boy. At least Kaleb finally took off his John deer shirt. What a funny boy and a great week end. Miss ya, Marla

Alisha said...

oh that looks so fun. i remember when kaleb got beat red working at grandmas house with the letters, i can imagine him even more by a hot fire! crazy kid.he looks older posing so nice for you. looks beautiful there in WA! time for a visit!