4 Months

Well, to finish my last post, I don't know if Braydan will do any more big mountains this year :) It seems we're both back and forth about the idea. At first I told him he should finish his goal, but then I thought, what am I saying? Am I crazy?! So, the next day I changed my mind and told him it's not worth it. But now I decided I'm staying out of it and will leave it up to him.

Anyways, while he was gone I spent a lot of time working outside on my garden. I love my little garden!
All my veggies are coming up good! All our spinach is ready so we had an awesome strawberry spinach salad last night!! Our neighbors gave us a few new things to try, one being leeks. At first I equated leek with leech and had some weird ideas of what it might look like. But they're kinda a mix between garlic and onion I think? Braydan and Kaleb built a ladder on Monday for the beans to climb up. I'm excited :)

On with what I wanted to post about! Eliza!! I feel like I've neglected to post about her and she's changing so much, so I better hurry up. She had her 4 month check up a few weeks ago (i know...she's almost 5 months now!) But she weighed 14 lbs. and is in the 90% for weight! I love all her chunkies. It's the only time in her life that she can enjoy being a chub, so I say show it off girl! I love her hair too. It's like a wave mullet going on back there. Just today she rolled over from her back to belly!




I totally missed it the first time cause I was feeding Kaleb lunch. I looked over and did a double take. Then of course I ran and grabbed the video camera and flipped her over so she could do it again, but it didn't go so well. Kaleb got jealous and started rolling over on her so he could "have his picture" too. I guess I was so focused on keeping her safe from his legs that I messed up the video, but now there's two to watch!

She sure is a social baby. If you even just smile at her, she'll smile and "talk" back. The only time I can get her to laugh is when I let her put her fingers on my face and if she pulls my nose or lip and I say "ouch!" really loud, she'll think it's funny. It's worth it to get scratches all over my face just to hear her giggle :) She's still the easiest girl. I can go anywhere and she's perfectly content to suck her fingers in her car seat. She's becoming more aware of what's around her and plays with toys. It also means she's more distracted when she nurses. She'll start and then hear Kaleb crash his cars and look around . . . . I'm like "focus girl! Get the job done!"

Braydan wanted to feed her rice cereal yesterday so I said fine, whatever. I thought it was normal for her to spit it all out, but then I tried a bite and almost died! He used the ol' school rice cereal that you're supposed to cook, not the instant! It tasted like tiny, grity bits of rice. Disgusting!! We'll have to try again later :)

10 comments:

Nielsen6 said...

I can't believe she is almost 5 months already - that sure went fast. She is so cute! I love all your cute outfits for her with matching bows.

Ashley said...

What a sweetheart. I am glad she is still being good for you and now is rolling over. I love those milestones. And I think Braydan has accomplished A TON by climbing the couple of mountains he already has!!

symony said...

I am so glad you finally did a post all about my little niece! she is so cute I really really want to see her in person! Poor Eliza she will never have a good video of her because Kaleb is jelious, but i did love watching him eat the nasty cereal! I love all her chub and her way cute outfits! The mullet is the new look, very hip!

KANDY said...

She is a beautiful young lady!!
Good job, AND I love your garden...
Happy Weekend Jess

Mom said...

I laughed so hard watching the videos that Craig had to come in to see what I was doing. I had tears in my eyes. When I think of you and your family I smile. You and Braydan have done such a great job and have such a wonderful family. Thanks for the great time we had with our visit. We even had wonderful meals with ALL the other activities. Love ya, Marla

RaeAnn said...

I love frying leeks and putting them on steaks. yum!
Also you dress Eliza so cute! She really looks like Kaleb in that pink shirt pictures!!

nanna said...

Loved it! So cute videos and pictures of Eliza and Kaleb. she is such a doll and sooo smilie. Thanks for taking the time to film them and post a blog. I really enjoy it and will play the videos when I need a smile.

Alisha said...

that is so cute. i love the videos. poor kaleb he doesn't eat food because it tastes good, he eats it because thats all there is! thanks for the updates.

DuRee Family said...

hahaha that is so funny about the rice cereal! I bet it didn't taste good at all! Yay for Eliza rolling over! she is a little cutie and getting so big! Kaleb too! they are both getting so big!

Amber said...

She is such a cutie and i love all her rolls!!! I need to build some climbing things for my little garden. Your's look great.