Eliza Sue is Here!

Jessica is sleeping, but asked me to post some pictures for everyone. Jessica went to her doctor appointment on New Year's Eve and she had high blood pressure and toxcemia worries so they scheduled an induction for Friday at 7:00 AM and put her on bedrest. Everything went well except that Jessica's epidural cord came disconnected during labor and we don't know how long it was undone. They plugged it back in but it never really worked. I wasn't sure how to help Jessica with the pain because I thought the epidural would take care of that! The doctor that had been with us all morning had to leave at 3:00 and the next doctor did not show up until 3:30! So Jessica had wait to push during the worst part of her labor. Eliza was born at 3:49 pm on Friday. She scared us because her umbilical cord was wrapped tight around her neck, but the doctor quickly cut it off. She didn't take her first breath for about 10 seconds and she was turning all blue. Finally we heard a cry and her color came back. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz, and was 19 inches long. Here's some cute pictures of her.








Thanks to everyone who helped with taking care of Kaleb and cooking us dinners! You don't know how much that means to us.

22 comments:

Parker Family said...

I have been waiting! I am so excited to see your new baby. She is beautiful. Congrats we are so excited for you.

Parker Family said...

Oh forgot to say she has so much hair. More hair than Brody who will be a year this month. Crazy!

Ashley said...

Oh thanks Braydan for posting pictures. I was so excited for you and have been dying to hear the birth story. I can't believe you didn't have an epidural. I'm sorry and the whole cord thing must have been pretty scary, but she is healthy and here now. I love you guys. Can't wait to come out and meet her in realy. ELiza sue, so cute. Call me anytime Jessica, if you ever need to talk!

KyleandAmanda said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I love that full head of hair! That is so scary about the cord. I am glad that everything turned out good! You have a cute family!

Steph said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful! Sorry it was so difficult to get her here, but it's over and you get to enjoy her now. Stupid epidural!!

Alisha said...

Adorable pictures. She is really one of a kind. We are so glad she is well and not blue! The video is cute, i watched it several times to catch all his words. Hes a nice big brother.

take care and good job with the pictures braydan!

KANDY said...

Congats Duree family!! She is cute....looks just like Jess. When id Braydan gonna have some features?? IF YOU NEED ANY HELP...JUST CALL. I signed up for a dinner...but Emily never called. She is a beauty, and I'm sorry about her stressful arrival. Love all the hair, Kayleb is a lucky little boy. :) Hope to see you both soon.

Nielsen6 said...

Congratulations Jessica, what a beautiful baby! Kirk and I think she looks like a Smith baby. Wish we were closer so we could hug and kiss her, and help you to!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS, I am glad everything went fairly well! She is beautiful and has a ton of hair. I will have to give you a call sometime in the next few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh she is a cuty jessica, goodjob getting her here. And I think she does look like a Smith :) I'll talk to you later.
Love Zach

Becky, Matt And Colton said...

Congrats! What a scary time for you both. I'm so glad that you made it, what a woman!!! Eliza is beautiful. I'm glad all is well now.

RaeAnn said...

so tender and sweet and special. big sappy tears over here.

symony said...

I have the cutest little niece in the world!! her eyes and nose look just like kaleb did but she must have braydans cheeks!!! she has an amazing mullet going on already!!! she is so cute I am glad everything went good that is scary about the cord good thing he was fast!!! is it still ok if we come visit you in febuary its ok if you want us to wait!

Matt said...

Yay! She is so cute! I can't believe how chubby her cheeks are! She should have been a New Years Eve baby, man!

Thanks for posting and we are excited to get to know her.

Matt said...

And I can't believe you had to go natural! It takes a real woman to do that.

Travis said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Kaleb is so cute with her it that video.

shandikimille said...

yay! She looks just like her momma! she has a ton of hair, and it's so dark! what a little cutie, I'm so happy for you guys!

Tisha Lou said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for the both of you! Love you JESS!

Travis said...

Can we see a comparison picture of eliza and Kaleb when he was born? I think they look a lot a like.

Amber said...

Congratulations!!! I am glad I was able to see her when she was only 4 days old. I keep wanting to sneak over to see you and her again but don't want to interrupt. Let me know if you need anything!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saralyn said...

Sorry this message is way overdue, but congratulations! I'm glad everything turned out okay. You are such a trooper to go through that with all of the pain! Wow. Good luck with the two kiddos.