Parade and other things . . . .

Well, it's been a good, busy week. Saturday was the Monroe parade and we were smart this year and rode bikes to it so we weren't stuck in traffic forever. Kaleb clapped to all the music and loved waving back to people. I guess he liked staring at all the cute cheerleaders too :)
The firetrucks scared him though and he clung to me till the siren noise was gone. The parade was still going after 2 hours so we headed out with our fill of candy and free toothbrushes. (Kinda ironic?)
Friday I had good luck at garage sales and just have to share these two things! So this Little People Town set is the same one I loved when I was a squirt and it was hidden under a table in an old box. (All you Blodgetts recognize it?) I saw it and practically ran to the lady to ask how much. She shrugged and said "$4?" I was like what???? I hurried and gave her the money and ran : ) I was so excited and loved setting it up with all the pieces at home. (I think Braydan thinks I'm psycho). It almost kills me to watch Kaleb mess it up or put things in the wrong spot, like the fireman in the police car or mail truck. My other find was this cute pottery barn crib bumper for only $5. Now I'm planning out what to paint her room with these colors. I'm thinking a soft yellow??? Any suggestions?
Braydan got off early Friday so he helped me can 28 quarts of peaches! I was planning on doing it by myself, but he really wanted to help (wierd, I know) but I'm glad he did. It was like a science project to him and everything had to be just so. I finally got out of his way and peeled the whole time.
















So before Braydan left on his trip, he made me the gate that I've been bugging him about. He's such a nice husband cause he had a million other things to do. I know it doesn't sound that exciting, but it is to me so I took pictures!!!! Now Kaleb is safe and secure in our backyard and I don't have to worry about him getting out. I love it.
Well, I just have to throw in this picture I made Braydan take yesterday after church. See, I AM showing for those who've argued otherwise. I feel like I'm way bigger this time than with Kaleb, but I guess that's normal with the second. Now I gotta find a name for this girl before I drive Braydan crazy. Everyday I have a new list of even more exotic names for him to shut down. I don't know what it is, but I feel like if she's gonna be kicking me I want to know her name. I guess it will come to me hopefully!

Kaleb had his 18 month checkup this week and he's tall and lean still. Sheridan (the little girl I watch) made a big list before the visit of all the words he can say, but the Dr. never asked about that, so at least I know for myself I guess. Okay Braydan's family, doesn't this picture remind you of Braydan when he was little???

16 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute little bump! That is nothing! When I was like 4 mths with Tristan I looked like that! I can only imagine what the second time around will be like for me.

Amber said...

I wish I could be as productive as you!!! Nice bump Jessica =). I swear your pushing it out or something because you are totally NOT showing!!!

Ashley said...

You look great Jessica! I love all your home improvement projects. I wish I had a house where I could decorate my babies room. I just saw this post on my sisters friends blog of a baby room I love. You should check it out. http://lyndsiefield.blogspot.com/
I love your bumpers too, I can't believe that you found those little people setup for so cheap. I AM SO JEALOUS, they're expensive on ebay and stuff, so way to go, you must have some Blodgett bargaining blood in you!

Parker Family said...

You are so tinny!! I am glad that you are able to get Braydan to get things done for you. Back fenced yards are great. The picture of Kaleb is so cute. Good luck picking names. I haven't given you any to steal yet.

Unknown said...

Well, from your comments . . . maybe you are pushing it out, but I think you are showing more than with Caleb. It looks like you had fun . . . I need to do more garage sales!

symony said...

what a cute blog!!!!!!! i LOVE the little people set!!!!! the bumper is really cute!!!! I have heard that it isn't good to paint baby's rooms yellow but you can if you want i think they say it stimulates the babies too much? I think that a light pink or white with green and yellow accents woul be way cute!!!! they have really cute wall stickers at the dollar store here maybe they would have them there too at the dollar tree they peal right off when you want them too. I wish We knew how to can fruits!!!! The fence looks AWESOME!!! I can't believe Braydan did it looks great brother! I had a girl work with me her name was Cashet (cash-ay) I thought that was really cute! You look so cute with your baby bump!!!! Kaleb looks more and more like braydan all the time!!! he is a cute little bugger you will have a darling little girl if she looks like him!!!

caldwell said...

Your still so cute and skinny in your pregnant pic, which is kind of an oxi moron cause really how can you have a belly and be pregnant? But really you look tiny. I wish I had those same results when I was prego. And no I have not seen mamma mia. I want to though. And yes adallyn is a cute name. Her full name is adallyn Oakleigh anderson. Hopefully our next one is a girl because I love the name McKenley. McKenna is a cute one too. You can have that one.

KANDY said...

o.k.....so BRAYDEN needs to show JESSE a thing or two about being productive!! That gate is FANTASTIC! How did he know what to do? Did he have a insyruction kit?? Anyway, great job on the canning! You amaze me MISS MARTHA

shandikimille said...

I see somthing that might look like a baby? im still not sure, it's gonna take some more convincing. . .that is a really cute crib bumper, are you going to make a quilt or somthing to match it? or somone going to make one for you? you will have a lot of fun decorating her room! I know it will be cute. the wall paper border that we have in chase's room is pretty cheap, and it's a good way to break up the color on the bottom, and then you can leave the top part of the room white, and it's not overwhelming with color, but it's still cute. you just put it at about the window seal, or just below the light switches, depending on where you windows are.

shandikimille said...

Here are some cute wall borders

http://www.bordergallery.com/details.asp?id=IF2308BD&cat=31


http://www.bordergallery.com/details.asp?id=GU92311B&cat=31

http://www.bordergallery.com/details.asp?id=TW38034B&cat=31

I found these on bordergallery.com if you want to check it out!

Tisha Lou said...

Good job with the garage sale finds!! Good job canning! Wow! I am so impressed! It is nice to see that you are showing... a little!

Steph said...

Wait a second, my tummy looks bigger than that, and I'm not even pregnant! You are still tiny! Super cute! I'm way excited for your little people toys, it instantly brought me back to happy days of my childhood!!
Steph

MattnBeck said...

Excellent work on the gate, Braydan.

Anonymous said...

jessica you look cute in that new shirt. you grew since we saw you or good job! cute write up and picts! love ya

Anonymous said...

Your blog writeups are so good. I really enjoy them and seeing the pictures. You look PG! You didn't when we were there 2 weeks ago. did you just eat a watermellon? You are adorable!
I can't believe you would hesitate to getting help with canning! Are you nuts! Braydan is a great help and don't ever take that for granted! Dad has been good to help me with shucking corn this year. You make me proud with your garage sale bargains. My work is done (smiles). love; mom

Anonymous said...

Dad says he will explain gate engineering to Braydan some time. Looks nice tho.