My tomato plants are getting big too (which is a miracle with Kaleb always tromping on them) and they have all the yellow flowers on them. I'm excited to can them later this summer. 

I got to can strawberry jam with Rebbecca this past week and I loved it. She got 30 lbs of strawberries in a huge bucket and I thought it would take all day to finish em', but it actually went fast. We both didn't really know what we were doing, but we had fun making a mess and finally getting the 3rd batch right :) I just needed an old apron on and I could've been my grandma in the kitchen.

This last weekend Braydan went sailing on Rodney's new sail boat at Lake Stevens. I didn't get there in time to take a real picture of them. Darn. But they had fun (and Braydan got fried like a tomato!!!). Of course he wants a sailboat now (not gonna happen). 
I think they were all just trying to show off for me.
That night we played Wiffle Ball till dark with some friends and it was a blast. How can something so simple be so fun? Anyways, hope you all are enjoying this summer too!!!
10 comments:
Fun to hear that your vegetables are coming in the garden. I love the fresh produce time of year. It's true even here, it seems a lot cooler at night thatn Logan. Sailing looks fun, I've never gone, but always want to try it. Maybe when we come visit you sometime:-) Good for you getting a babysitter. I have never left thomas with anyone but our neighbors, and am too scared to leave them with the Y.W.
Your garden looks Fabulous!!! :) And I would LOVE to get some of that Strawberry Jam from ya.......
r u selling em? :) I don't cook, and I definately don't can......so If you could hook a sister up? Thanks
p.s. Next time Sammy gets all compeditive at sports...I want some video to prove it!! :) Sweet little Sammy....can't se it.
Why go on a vacation when you have so much fun at home. That is wonderful. So glad you have such good friends. The pictures were great. Love ya, Marla
nice picts. thats an eventful weekend and blog. cute cute, nice picts i like your jelly process, it looks real good... and i am jealous of your peas.
what fun things you are doing! I have to say that I remember mt summers as quite heavenly, and seattle doesn't get quite hot enough for me... but that is not the season I will be wasting any complaints on once we move there.
Wow everything looks like so much fun. This is when I hate Arizona I am couped up inside while everyone else gets to play. Amy's pool sould be fixed soon then at least we can swim. Your garden looks wonderful I can't even grow grass. I think the grass died and now I am growing weeds which are still yellow.
Kaleb looks so cute eating peas with his little fist holding them. Yes, it is hot here and I am stuck down stairs in the afternoons until it cools off outside. I guess I can't complain since there are AZ people reading this. Looks like lots of fun things to do there. I love your overflowing tomatoes. Hope you get lots. Love, mom Smith
That lake looks awesome! I want to go soon!! Maybe when I get back we can go on a weekend. Was it totally packed though? I am impressed with your garden and jam. Good job!
I am so jelious you are having so much fun and making so much out of life you are my idol!You have such good friends! I am glad you are making te most of your summer! love ya!
Yummy! I'm jealous of your garden, and energy in maintaining it. Kaleb is so blond, it's adorable! Looks like he loves Seattle summers too!
Steph
Post a Comment