After staking out our spot on the pier (in Everett somewhere), Braydan loaded the bait cage with smelly chicken parts and tried to throw the pod like a pro. I thought he did pretty good till I watched some other people :)
The flying pod about to hit the water. Good shot huh?
Crabbing is just my style cause after your lines are down, you can pretty much sit back and be lazy. Maybe that's why I like fishing too?
Well, our first catch brought in two feisty crabs, a Red-Rock and Dungeness. It must've been our lucky day (or so the guy next to us said) cause the Dungeness was huge and we got to keep him! We agreed later we were lucky cause we never got another big one after that (had to throw them all back).
Kaleb was fascinated by our crab in the bucket and snuck him goldfish crackers (very appropriate I'd say) and granola bars.
Braydan ringing a dinner bell.
Before we left, we took a tour of the nearby lighthouse. It wasn't a huge one, but still cool to climb the spiral staircase and walk around on top.
I always forget how windy it is by the water, so forgive my hair (and Kaleb's squint).
Before I end this, I just have to say cooking crab is a whole other drama, but I'll spare you the details. I kept asking Braydan how he'd like getting boiled alive. Poor thing.
8 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun!!! Kaleb looks so cute in that first picture! I am so glad to hear you guys are doing fun stuff like that!!! Josh is very jelious you got to do that!
Whew, that is really cool you did that. I'm glad Kaleb didn't try to touch the crab. I hope it turned out tasty, I would have no clue what to do with crab. Looks like a pretty day.
WOW I am amazed. You both do things I would never think of doing. Looks fun, not fun to cook. How did it taste?
You do fun things I'd never think of doing, either, and I live in the great NW, too! I've very impressed. I like the cute little crab pot and the huge crap picture. Very nice.
Next time I'll have to proof read my comment. I really like the craB.
Sissy, this is from me and mom. Looks like fun we want to go see the light house but no catching crab business. Cute pictures and don't feel so sorry for a huge clampy scary crab whos supposed to be eaten. mom agrees with you. anyway...can't wait to hold that liitle chump. i hope he sneak goldfish to me when i come. he's already acting like his daddy, sneaking food behind his mommy. :) have a nice day! love you
ok...dying to know how th ecrab feast turned out,,,,,and did you hear it screaming?? :( hope ur having a good day. its a rainy day....did ya go pick berries?? how was the bike ride?
Next time we want to come with you!! It looks like a blast. Was it yummy?
Post a Comment