Home on the range

A lot has happened since my last post, but the biggest news is that Kaleb and I flew to Billings on Saturday! Yeah!!!! It was sad to leave Braydan, but I'm gonna post these pictures for his benefit so he doesn't feel left out.
After a long plane ride (it wasn't long in hours, but just with a toddler on my lap . . . he figured out how to get the lap tray down, so he popped it up and down probably 100 times! and he didn't just push it back up nicely, but he would slam it back, probably giving the guy in front of us a head ache!) we made it safely and got immediately thrown into all the graduation festivities!
Saturday night, while my family went to a few grad. parties, I took Kaleb out to visit the cows. The big heifers kinda scared him, but he liked the calves. One in particular was really friendly and followed him around, even sniffing his behind! He still loves the dogs more, even though Sadie gave him a reason not to!!! Sadie is our sweetheart border collie, but for some reason, even with my mom holding her, she snapped at him and made him cry. I worried his dog loving days were over, but he forgot about it.
Sunday we woke up early to finish all our food preparations and then went to the graduation. Even though it was nice to be there (especially since I missed alisha's and josh's) it was at least 100 degrees in the gym and miserable. In the first 5 min., Kaleb threw his FULL water cup down the bleachers and it broke open, splashing people right and left. I had to wipe it all up in my nice white skirt. We all stayed busy keeping him happy for the two hours and I finally stripped his shirt off cause he was burning up. I was jealous I couldn't do it too!
At 4:00, the party started at our house. It was fun visiting with so many friends and old folks (my parents age : ).
Zach is such a cool kid. It was fun celebrating his special day. He loves doing wood work projects and this year for his shop class he surprised me and made a beautiful wooden wall coat rack. He still wants to put a mirror in it, but you can kind of see it in the background. Then he made my parents this big sign. If you can't read it, it says "12 mile farm." Now we look like an official ranch :)
We'll I'm tired out and this is too long already. I'm glad to be here and am excited for the next two weeks to spend with my fam. Just wish you were here Braydan!!! Love you!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures and information. What fun. Braydan was very sad not being with the cows. lol with the fam I mean. Keep sending pictures. Love ya, Marla

Ashley said...

Oh little Zachy is all grown up! I can't believe it, how neat to be there for it all. I didn't know he was into wood work that is really neat. Congrats Zach, now off to school? I am sure Kaleb will love being at the farm. Wish we could go too. That's fun you'll be there for a while. I hope there are no more sippy cup throwing incidents! Have FUN!

symony said...

I didn't know that you were going up there that sounds like a lot of fun it is really hard to control kids at this age! sounds like he is having fun with the farm and you are having fun with your family too bad Braydan couldn't go! congrats to your brother! have fun let us know what other fun things you are doing!

Parker Family said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun with the family didn't notice the scrapes my parents talked about.

KANDY said...

I forgot you were going to be gone that long....2 whole weeks! WOW! Poor Brayden. We will miss you guys....keep up the blogging and pictures! HAHA...LOVE the part about the water sraying the crowd!! Priceless

Stacy and Matthew said...

Cute pics Jessica! We should definitely get the boys together before you leave. When do you leave anyways? We finally striped Tristan at the end of graduation, I didn't realize how heavy his bib overall shorts were! You would think that Shepherd faculty or whatever would at least get a/c in the gym with how hot these graduations are each year!

Braydan and Jessica said...

The two pictures of Kaleb and the calf is my favorite. I think we should print them so I can have them at my office. I miss you two.
-Braydan

Amber said...

I am glad you are having a great time! Love the pictures of Kaleb with the cow. LOL!
Well, we already miss you! I can't believe I will hardly see you for almost 3 whole weeks =(. So sad.

Ramsay Clan said...

Totally cute! Love the cow pictures hehe. So you should totally make your next trip out to Utah... :)

RaeAnn said...

Speaking of spillage, on the plane ride home pauls sis was handing off her son to us and he kicked BOTH of my beverages all over my neighbor that was not so kid-friendly. So for the next five hours I was like staying away from the arm rest making sure my blanket didn't touch her seat. Darn kids!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am guessing you are already home. I love the pics!

Elena said...

Your blog is so cute! It was fun to see the pics of you two in Montana and it made me miss home and everybody. We are going for a visit in July. Kaleb is so big, what a cutie!