Happy Birthday Kaleb!!!!














I can't believe Kaleb is a year old! Where did the time go? I found a picture of a cute whale cake and tried to copy it, but I didn't really do it justice. It was fun to try though. I also made bananna pie, but he didn't like either. More for us!













I haven't blogged lately for a few reasons, the main one being sick Kaleb :( Ever since his fever and whatever he had, I can't nurse him. It's like my body said "you're done." I was planning on being done soon, but not cold turkey! Kaleb is having a rough time with it. He woke up 3 times last night hungry, but I couldn't do anything. He wouldn't take a bottle or cup and that just made him more angry. Any advice for weaning? He saw his doctor today and she said he'll be fine after a week or two. It might be a loonnnngggg week in that case!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

helooks so old! stop growing kaleb! those are such cute pictures. thanks forputting them on there. cute cake too sissy. it looks tasty even with out my appetite! love you. hang in there with grumpy cute boy.

Ashley said...

Good job on the cake, I think you did a really good job! I can't believe he is one. I remember last year visiting you at this time. I wish you still lived here! I am glad that you have enjoyed LOST as much as Nolan and I. Are you caught up and watching the new season as it comes out? So confusing. I like watching it on DVD so much more because we can pass through all the confusion in a week instead of 24 weeks. Anyways, we will have to talk soon! Wish I had advice on weaning, but I just ran out, and THomas didn't care. I would not even offer him a bottle though, since they're suppose to be off it at one year. Just go for a sippy cup. Those NUBY ones are really good for a first cup, because they're easy to get the liquid out. then get something with handles.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb! You look so cute looking at your cake! Excited and ready to grab it. The cake is adorable Jessica. I never did get the hang of decorating cakes. As for weaning. I agree, don't try to get him on a bottle! Too old for that now. Just cuddle him like normal and he will get over it soon. There is always the thumb. (smiles)

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb!! He is such an adorable happy little guy. I am glad he was feeling better for his first birthday. Are you getting more sleep? You should really let me watch him so that you can get a nap.

Unknown said...

HOW FUN! I can't believe he is 1 already. Time sure does fly! Ditto on the no bottles thing. If you get him hooked on that, uh oh. I would also suggest the no thumb thing :) It is a nightmare to deal with now!

Good Luck, you will probably need it!

MattnBeck said...

I'm not so good at the weaning, either, except the pain of cold turkey eventually seems to work in the long run. Good luck.

The cake is really cute and much more adventerous than anything I'd ever try.

Glad Kaleb is at least (hopefully?) feeling better.

matt b

Parker Family said...

Cute Cake but everyone has already told you much better than mine. As far as the weaning I agree with everyone else on that idea of just using the sippy cup I like the Nuby ones as well. Can't believe he is a year. Time sure goes by fast. If you have any advice on getting infants to sleep through the night I would love it. Brody woke up at 1:00 and was wide awake until 5:00am not crying or anything just wide awake.

DJ, Angie, Amelia and Bryson said...

Your cake is a masterpeice, just like the original. Also, remember if you are up at around 1 or 2 and again at 5 or 6...so will I, we can send smoke signals as we deal with crying babies. Joy.

symony said...

Hey I am so sad we couldn't be there for his birthday I love his cake it is cute I have never seen one like that! I miss him I can't wait to see him! you never said if you got him any presents or what he got!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the cake. Good Job!!!!! mom