7/2/17

Two weeks in a row!  I'm determined to keep going even if it's a pain to get pictures off my phone. It's been a good week.  Monday Braydan had to butcher our mean tom turkey.  Something attacked and ate our momma turkey and so we figured we better take care of the boy before the predator came back for another meal the next night.  He was a huge turkey!  I should've taken pictures :-(  Can't say that i'll miss him much. But he was kinda cool looking. 

The Martinez new family came over Monday to play and I'm so happy that Eliza finally has a girl at church her age!  There's also a boy Kaleb's age and girl Jane's age.  And she's about to have a baby.  The girls played quiet games: Jane dolls, Eliza art, while Kaleb ran wild outside with waterguns and bbguns and climbing trees.

Monday I also fed the missionaries.  Part of Braydan's calling becomes mine: feeding the missionaries whenever someone cancels or they don't get people signing up..  We had them twice this week.  I used to want everything perfect for missionaries to come, but now I don't care.  We have 4 kids.  There's some mess, food is not always ready perfectly on time, table is not always perfectly set, etc. But I don't think the Elders mind or notice :-) 

Thursday, Kaleb was gone all day for a scout super activity.  The girls loved having time alone to play what they wanted.  I hardly saw them all day! We did take a break for free lunch and books at the school. And then free snowcones and waterslide at city hall.  I tried to bribe the girls to go on the waterslide, but they were too scared.  :-(

The kids have been working hard on their workbooks and scripture reading.  They get a prize if they finish them by the end of the summer.  Kaleb said his head hurt one day from trying to get so many pages done :-) They also are both into Harry Potter.  Kaleb's on #7 and Eliza #3.  Braydan is #6.  
Friday we had Mkayla, Shirel, and Daniel over to play.  And then Saturday they invited us to come swim.  The kids loved their pool.  Well, Kaleb and Eliza did.  Jane was very nervous and wanted me to come in with her.  I didn't have my swimsuit on (not smart) so she didn't have the best time.  I really like this family.  They are very different with their Jewish traditions, but similar values and I enjoy talking to her.
We went on a date Friday night to Enriques with Isaac along.  He helps us make friends wherever we go.  We visited with a nice couple from Georgia all because of Isaac :-) We spent our date eating and going to Lowes :-)  Exciting stuff.  We got a few texts from Kaleb that made us question our 10 year old babysitter idea: "Mom I jumped off the tree onto the trampoline and hurt my arm and neck."  
Braydan pouting after loosing connect 4 :-) 
 
brothers

I was organizing my closet with this goofy helper

This boy is going to have more pictures than all my kids put together thanks to his siblings.






Eliza and friend Mikayla.  Matching swimsuits!

3 comments:

Susan Smith said...

I'm so happy you have a new family move in who has kids your ages. Fun!
Darling pictures of all the kids and Isaac is looking bigger! I don't know about Kaleb babysitting.............hope he is ok :)

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. I learn so much even though I talk to Braydan about your week :). I didn't understand the part about Eliza being scared with the water slide. Is she the same Eliza from Lagoon? Pictures were wonderful. Can't wait to see everyone. Marla

Alisha said...

What an exciting week with new family yo play with!! I love the picts of your cute family. Fav is Kaleb helping organize:)