7/17/2017

This week's highlight was a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Barrett!  Finally! They came Wednesdsay evening and stayed until Sunday.  

But first, earlier in the week the Bishop let us come swim!  The kids love going to their house.  Kaleb decided to ditch the pool and swim across their pond :-/  We always have to drag him away when it's time to go.

Eliza playing on their playground airplane teeter-totter

Jane swinging with her friend Rachel (still has her life-vest on just in case :-) 

Eliza doing dishes!  Love this little worker girl of mine.  She's a huge help to me. 

Isaac sleeping through swim lessons again. It's too hot to stay awake!

Fierce fooseball battles!  All of us tried to take on Braydan but he still beats us.  Kaleb loved having Grandma and Gradpa to play games with!  

One morning, I quadrupled my muffin recipe and got bored of making muffins, so I added more oats and chocolate and craisens and made tons of breakfast cookies.  I love seeing my cabinets done.

Grandpa rocking Isaac :-)

One morning before floating the river, everyone (Braydan, Craig and Marla - Kaleb ended up spraying Grandma with the hose instead of working I think) helped clean all the windows!  It looks like a new house!  Marla even took out the screens and cleaned out the yucky stuff out of the window sills.  Thank you! 

Playing games games games.  They brought squirrel and mexican dominoes and some other new fun ones for us to try.  Sadly, i didn't play much because any quiet free time, I worked on my talk. 

All dressed up for church :-) 
I watched the Martinez kids monday so their Mom could go to the doctor.  They are easy and play great with the kids.
Good bye picture of Grandma and Grandpa!  Sad!  Thank you for taking us to eat, for spoiling the kids with donuts and coloring my hair, and doing dishes and helping with Isaac!  After they drove away, the kids said, "It is lonely without them."  :-(  

3 comments:

Alisha said...

What a fun time with the Barrett's! Cleaning windows is a big task, so nice they did that for you.

I've given up on muffins too and made pancakes! Pumpkin oat recipe worked for me. Your cupboards are beautiful!!

Bishop's house is like a real park!! Awesome. Isaac's growing cute little guy.

You took nice pictures!

Susan Smith said...

What a nice blog. I love the family pictures with Barrett's. They need to visit me now :) I have lots of windows. Looks like a fun week.

Anonymous said...

It was great fun. Loved the visit!!!! Miss you guys. Marla