Well, we had lots of balloons for her when she woke up. She also had a princess bike waiting at the bottom of the stairs (given to us from Belma).
She rode it around the house with Kaleb pushing her on the carpet parts while we made her crepes with strawberry sauce, her breakfast request.
It was my week to host playgroup and I thought it would be perfect for everyone to still come on Eliza's b-day so she could play with all her friends. Correction: it was crazy! She wanted pink cupcakes, like the book Pinkalicious, so I had to hurry and finish frosting them, clean up breakfast, get dressed, do Eliza's hair cute (essential on her birthday), and try and take care of Jane in between getting Kaleb off to school.
Friends came, kids ran around, Eliza got hurt (not sure what happened) and I found her up in her room alone. After some coaxing I got her to unlock her door and come back downstairs. As I carried her down, I realized that she would've been happy just playing dolls with me on her birthday. I vowed to give her that wish the next day.
She did love everyone singing to her, in an extremely shy sort of way :)
That night we took her out to dinner at Rumbi Grill and she loved having her own kids-meal with pop, a rare treat. I think she mostly just drank her pop and played with the chopsticks.
Then she got to pick out a present at Target with money from Grandma. I let her put lots of ideas in the cart, reminding her that she just got to buy one thing. When we were done perusing, we displayed them across the aisle and asked her to choose. To our shock, she bypassed the barbies and baby dolls and picked . . . . a little shopping cart.
The first time she used it, she filled it to overflowing with all her kitchen food and I, as the cashier, had to ring up about 100 items. I can see why some cashiers get carpal tunnel.
After dinner that night, we had cake and ice cream and I love our tradition (handed down from the Dyers) to make a wish for her. Kaleb wished that she would have fun at preschool. Braydan wished that she would make lots of new friends and love learning. I wished that she would see how beautiful she is and be confident and happy with who she is (something like that . . . i got a little teary).
On Thursday we got to celebrate again. I kept my promise to play dolls with her and she got her presents finally! I ordered most of her presents on Amazon and they shipped to Monroe! I was so sad when I found out and kept lamenting to Braydan that her birthday was ruined! But, it all worked out fine. She would've been perfectly happy with her balloons, pink gum and bike.
However, her princess CD is pretty awesome. The first time I turned it on. She laid on the floor and listened to every single song. I showed her how to skip songs, but she said "No Mom! I want to hear all of them!"
She listens to her CD many times a day and sings along. If I look at her or even give a hint of a smile, she stops singing. I have to be a spy sometimes :)
Dear Eliza,
Thank you for being my sweet daughter! You are so kind and loving to your family, especially to Jane. You want to hold and play with her all day.
You talk in a cute baby voice to her and your favorite is having Jane sit in your lap "backwards".
You love playing with Kaleb and especially playing dolls with me, when I will actually sit down and do it!
You love to dress up pretty and get your hair done ("no buns Mom").
| This is how you request it lately |
You love cheese sticks, cereal (not oatmeal!), ranch dressing, gum, and all candies and desserts!
You have an amazing imagination and you can entertain yourself for a long time (bless you for that)!
You had your first day of primary today! You were brave getting up when they sang you the birthday song. You miss your friend Addie a lot. You love to jump and swing, which is why you got a swing set for your birthday too (it's covered in snow). You love to color pictures and watch movies. You can write your name.
You started piano and love it!
I'm amazed how fast you can learn. You love to cuddle with me to read books and take a nap (although I'm cutting your naps shorter)! You love to play duck duck goose, go fish, old maid, candyland--pretty much any game if we play with you. During scriptures every night, you ask me to "pet" you :) So, I take your hair out and play with your hair and you love it.
You're an amazing little woman and I'm so blessed to have you in my life! We love you Eliza Sue!
8 comments:
Loved your blog.THANKS for posting.
I love to hear and see what's going on. Miss you and love you.
What a sweet blog! I've been waiting for days for a new blog. I can not wait to spend time with you guys again this Spring!!
Ohhh!! I loved reading that!
I really loved reading about Eliza's birthday and seeing the video's :) So cute. It is neat journal type thing you are doing for her to look back on and always remember. Thanks!
This is so sweet and she is so cute. I love the birthday wish thing you do and I think you're such a great momma! Move to the farm so she and Grace can play everyday!
Oh! What a sweet girl Eliza is. Just a dream come true for you, I am sure. I do miss her little curls. What a fun post, Jessica. You are amazing.
She is such a sweetheart! Such a cute tribute to her!
What a sweet little angel! I love her pretend play and great job teaching her piano already! You never cease to amaze me, Jessica! Love you guys!
Post a Comment