Unpublished Draft



Ladybug friends

I found this in my drafts folder and thought it would be fun to publish now :)

A year ago (over a year now since I wrote this months ago!), we were ready for another baby.  I didn't think it would take long, judging by Kaleb and Eliza.  However, month after month went by.  My perfect timing for this 3rd baby went out the window :-)  I took a few pregnancy tests, one even on Braydan's birthday because I thought for sure I was pregnant and wanted to surprise him.  It was negative.  AGAIN.  I was so sad.  If only I knew I had to wait one more month.

Making a birdhouse with Jacob

The first trimester I have tried to block from my memory.  My family survived on frozen dinners and kindness from friends and Alisha :-)  I remember telling the Lord that I would happily be sick if only I could get pregnant again.  What was I thinking!  JK.

Mom kept reminding me, this too shall pass, and it finally did.  Right before our Hawaii trip, I finished my first trimester and being sick!  What a miracle.


I had to capture Eliza's hair after a day jumping on the trampoline

The rest has flown by.  At the 20 week ultrasound, the kids were so excited to come with us.  Kaleb was set on a boy and Eliza a girl of course.  Eliza would often come up to my tummy and say in a bossy voice, "Baby, when are you going to tell us what you are? Boy or girl?"

The poor kids had to sit through an hour long ultrasound with baby's legs crossed and not getting good shots.  Finally the tech found the labia folds and said she's 90% sure it's a girl.  When I turned to Kaleb and said, "we're having a girl!" he angrily smacked me and said "no we're not!"  For a while after, whenever I referred to baby as "she," he would quickly correct me, "it's not a girl mom!"



I love stepping outside and just breathing in all the flowers and trees blooming

But, his heart has changed.  During the day Kaleb will come and hug me and when I say "thank you!" He says, "it's not for you, it's for the baby."

Eliza has big plans for this girl.  She tells me all the time how she's going to wrap her up and feed her and change her diapers and put bows in her hair, and push her in the stroller, and on and on and on.  Whenever we go to the store, she picks out cute outfits for the baby.

We've had the hardest time agreeing on names.  Sometimes I wonder if maybe it is a boy and that's why none of the names seem right.  Eliza has called her Annabel from the beginning because there's a cute baby Annabel in our ward that she loves to admire.

Boy or girl, we are excited to have you join our family in 3 months!

1 comment:

mom said...

oh, it is all past now and you have your precious Baby Jane! Cute pictures of Kaleb and Eliza.