His birthday turned out different than we planned, but he
had a good day. He wanted crepes for
breakfast and then opened a few presents.
He was so excited about his binoculars.
He pretended the top of the fridge was his look-out tower and kept
looking through them backwards.
He had an interesting list this year: gun, knife, sword, tools, shovel, binoculars,
knights/castle, and legos. When Mom
heard the list she said, “How am I supposed to send weapons and tools in the
mail?” Ha, ha. I told him he would probably only get a few
of those things on his list and he was happy with that.
He got some puzzles (that I should’ve just given to Eliza
because she works on them instead), a
sword, and Legos. He ended up buying the
tools he wanted with the money Grandma Barrett sent him. And they’re real
tools! Scary!
I spent over an hour in the morning building his Legos with
him. I love figuring things out with
him.
| Braydan helping him later |
Every Monday the kids
love going to singing group at Sara’s.
He was excited to see all of his friends and bring b-day treats to share,
but it got canceled. Amber saved the day and invited us over. He had fun playing with Kaitlyn and
Miles. Then after, Amelia surprised him and brought over a special card she made J
He usually loves playing with her, but he was so into his new legos that he
hardly paid attention to her. Sorry
Amelia!
Alisha came over next and he unwrapped her present, a little terrarium for all his bugs and caterpillars he catches. When I asked him later that night what his favorite thing was, he said, “Alisha’s present.” What a smart auntie! She knows him well J
Braydan got home at 3
and we were waiting for him to go to the reptile zoo, but by then, Henry was
almost home from school and he was dying to show him his new stuff and work on
their “house.” I think they gave up on
their tree house idea and are building a house “without electricity” in the
backyard.
He gave me a big bear hug at bedtime and thanked me for his
awesome day. And we didn’t even go to
Red Lobster! I told him earlier that we
could go somewhere fun for lunch, like McDonalds playland or something. He gave me a weird look and said, “I want to
go to Red Lobster!” I don’t think he’s
ever been to McDonalds.
A few more things about Kaleb:
He loves his responsibility chart. He’s earned enough money to buy a toy @
Freddy’s and could buy something again, but he wants to save up to buy something
big. Yay for saving! His chart isn’t that hard, but he knows if he
does the chores on his own without me reminding him, gets a penny for each
one. On a good day he earns about 10
cents. Some of what he does: make bed,
brush teeth, get dressed, clothes in laundry, feed pets, clear plate, empty
dishwasher, take bath, and some others,
His art projects and creations cover the house!
He’s always asking me how to make stuff and if I don’t help
him, he tries to figure it out himself.
Like cement , for example. I
found him putting flour, salt, dirt, and food coloring together and he put it
outside so the cold air would harden it into “cement”.
Today he said, “Do you know I love you more than anything
else, even my rocks?!”
One day Eliza was asking about babies and said she was
excited to have a baby in her tummy and be a mommy when she “got growed up.” Kaleb looked sad and said, “I want to be a
mommy and have a baby in my tummy too.”
I told him he gets to be a dad someday.
He thought about this and then said, “Well, Dads get to put the lights
on the roof.” He was pretty excited about that.
I love you Kaleb!
8 comments:
Really cute first picture you are so good at them. I love the cake too, he and Thomas would totally hit it off they sound so similar. I love the cement story he is hilarious! How have you never been to McDonalds, we can't avoid it on almost every road trip!
ahh you're an awesome writer and mom jessica, Kaleb is blessed. But man i wish I could pay my roommates 10 cents a day to do everything Kaleb does, I want him as a roommate! :)
He is such a cutie! I can't get over how he prays so much and how sweet he is! He must have a great mom and dad! Love and miss you guys!
Kaleb is so cute and so different from my kids. I am amazed when you talk about what he likes and acts like and how different they are. He is a cute boy. I can't believe you let him stand on the fridge, didn't that scare you? And play with food coloring, did you help him with that? I can't even imagine the mess my boys would make.
What a cute boy! We sure love your family!
his comments makes me laugh!! I love all the things he makes and his imagination.
This is such a cool post. I am so sad I had to cancel singing on his bday. :( Being sick is no fun. Glad you guys still had a nice day. You're kids are so fun.
Kaleb did you know that chase also likes to do projects? I love the rocket!
Post a Comment